Season 631: I Mist You

How dee, John! I started with the first few lines of this original earlier this week and today, I picked up my soprano and the rest came out.

Please note, this is by no means a dig at the Season's theme... I've enjoyed all the great music that's been shared! It's a dig on mundane small talk that can sometimes drive me a bit mad, and weather just so happens to be one those go-to, universal topics that people choose to fill time with... along with sports, TV shows, Hollywood gossip etc.

From your weather reports, it's obvious that weather discussion can go much deeper than, "Nice day, innit?!".. and it's also obvious, from all your entries, that you're not afraid to stray from the shallows. Let's face it... that's where the good stuff is! Anyways, we obviously can't get into the depths with everyone we come across, so small talk is inevitable. I won't fight it, but I can sing about it.

"Watercooler Weekend Chat"

How's the weather?
(no) I don't really care.
All this small talk.
(yeah) I don't really give a f**.
Watercooler weekend chat.
(no) I don't wanna listen to that.

Smile on the outside of my face.
Storm on the inside of my brain.
Let's get outa this place.
Cut the cord on all those cordial games.

Are you happy?
What are you life goals?
When's the last time you cried?
Or felt darkness inside of your soul?

Do you miss your parents?
Have you healed from their wounds?
Why are you starin'?
Ahhh... it's the conversation that you'd rather choose is..

How's the weather?
I don't really care (no)
All this small talk.
(Yeah well...) I don't really give a f**.
Watercooler weekend chat.
(nah) I don't wanna listen to that.

Let's get outa this place.
Cut the cord on cordial games.
Don't wanna listen to bull...
Sit... let's get vulnerable.
More than the weather
(Coz, well...) I don't really care.
All this small talk.
I don't really give a f**.

I can see clearly now always reminds me of the early 90s. That song was constantly on the radio in '93 / '94.
This is what "I Can See Clearly Now" ALWAYS makes me think of first! Donald Pleasence - the Forger in "The Great Escape" - tries to prove to his fellow POW inmates that he is not losing his sight. SORRY, Jon, for being frivolous and unweather-related, but is there anyone in the whole wide world who hasn't seen this film?!? (For some inexplicable reason, it always appears over the Christmas season in the UK.)

Last edited:
once a hat i was wearing got blown away by a sudden gust of wind and landed right in a big drain of dirty water. a man offered to retrieve it for me. i looked at the muddy water and i looked at the man with his clean clothes and i looked at the hat and i shook my head.

you know those hats that will NEVER GET BLOWN AWAY BY THE WIND? they either have a cord or are so fitting that they give you HAT HAIR. THAT HALO AROUND YOUR HAIR FROM SECURE HAT WEARING. (That is, if you have hair. )

some hats give you hat hair. An original songlet.

This could be the best hat in the world... It is good when it is snowing, it's even good when there is bright sunshine... How does it know?

I once went on a date with a woman called Lorraine.

We had a nice evening but it didn't work out. I was really disappointed at the time but I'm OK now.

I can see clearly now Lorraine has gone.
Reminds me of a little Auk that used to walk along the promenade in his little yellow Wellingtons.

There was a big storm and an enormous wave swept the little Auk away, never to be seen again.

All that was left was "The waders of the lost Auk"

This is what "I Can See Clearly Now" ALWAYS makes me think of first! Donald Pleasence - the Forger in "The Great Escape" - tries to prove to his fellow POW inmates that he is not losing his sight. SORRY, Jon, for being frivolous and unweather-related, but is there anyone in the whole wide world who hasn't seen this film?!? (For some inexplicable reason, it always appears over the Christmas season in the UK.)

Great film, but the days of it being on every Christmas, along with Oliver and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang are gone sadly. The Beeb has to compete with so many other platforms these days so they tend to go with fairly recent Disney films and blockbusters. We’d all sit down “en famille” and watch The Great Escape but those simpler times are long gone sadly. Still some great films being made mind, the recent Wonka being a case in point 👍

grateful for the awesome music today gang!
a whole swag of great originals, some tin pan, American Songbook, a duet, some country
and a couple of downright classics...
85 videos on the playlist and still 3 fun days to roll out!
weather update: 22C, sunny, still and clear morning that turned overcast late in the afternoon.
but we press on folks, cause clouds are only food for the imagination, eh Linus...
🌻

charlie brown, linus and lucy talk about the clouds.jpg

Wasn’t sure I’d get a song in this week Jon, still got the tail end of a cold, but I wanted to do one if I could, and I wanted to do this one, a classic Neil Sedaka song from the 70s with lyrics by Phil Cody. A one take wonder. And thanks to Dr Uke for the chords, saved me a lot of bother, and the key was just about ok for me too 👍

And todays forecast…..
IMG_9121.jpeg

I once went on a date with a woman called Lorraine.

We had a nice evening but it didn't work out. I was really disappointed at the time but I'm OK now.

I can see clearly now Lorraine has gone.

At the height of their fame and popularity, the Eurythmics had a female fan called Lorraine who followed them around wherever they went. Whenever she spotted her, Annie Lennox could often be heard saying, “Here comes Lorraine again!”.

an original i recorded just now that has the word Rain in it. Lyrics in the YT description.

When i bring so many songs a week i don't expect many people to listen. But i thought i will share it anyway. All these talk about rain and no sun.
OK! I am off to record another one!

At the height of their fame and popularity, the Eurythmics had a female fan called Lorraine who followed them around wherever they went. Whenever she spotted her, Annie Lennox could often be heard saying, “Here comes Lorraine again!”.

If y’all keep this Lorraine thread going, you’ll force me to tell my story about my unfortunate date with Eileen. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom