Season 631: I Mist You

mountain goat

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
howdy friends and welcome to season 631!

this week the weather is all around us, whether we like it or not!

please bring song(s) that:

1. have an obvious weather related title and/or contain lyrics with words
used to describe weather conditions/events.
for example: windy, hot, calm, hazy, lightning, flood, burnt, dry, foggy, stormy, thunder, lightning, breezy, wet, showery, clear, hurricane, cloudy etc etc etc
some songs that immediately come to mind: 'Blue Skies', 'Thunder Rolls', 'Here Comes The Sun', 'Raindrops keep Falling on My Head', 'Stormy Weather', 'Hazy Jane', 'Baby, it's Cold Outside', 'Riders on the Storm', 'Lightning Crashes', 'The Foggy, Foggy Dew' and so-on. you get the idea...

2. are mentioned in any of the 950 episodes of the David Lynch Weather Report. it'll take some digging but well worth it as he references many great artists and songs at random in a number of episodes. alternatively, you can play any song from any one of his films.

3. have a visceral and or emotional impact on your mood every time you hear it, for better or worse. weather is often said to have an enormous impact on the way we feel. some songs just get you, don't they - music can put you atop a cloud or drag you into the mire. bring us a song that has that sort of effect on you and please say why and how. it would also be lovely if you gave us a brief description of the prevailing weather conditions/climate in your part of the world, should you feel to.

4. a note to new seasonistas: if you are new to this seasons thing and thinking about joining in for the very first time, please do!!! this is a fun and encouraging, safe little corner of the internet and new participants are what has kept this thing rolling for just over 12 years now. you are welcome to play any song you like - it does not have to meet the theme criteria - or a song maybe that you're working on...anything!!! and you'll be met w/ open arms. if you'd like a little more info about what 'seasons of the ukulele' is, please check this wonderful FAQ post by jtsteam, otherwise don't hesitate to message me!

the usual 'rules' apply:

• ukulele is the main instrument although multitracking is fine.
  • original songs, instrumentals and collaborations are always a treat.
  • songs must be newly recorded for season 631, and please reference the season either verbally or in your video, title or yt description.
  • Rob must smell the feet of each seasonista and rank them from best to worst.
  • season 631 begins at 00.00 Hawaiian time tonight and ends at 23.59 Hawaiian time next Sunday.
  • there will be prizes!
  • a playlist link will be posted here once the initial videos start rolling in

hope you all enjoy this week and have a lot of fun w/ the theme.
also, big thanks to Joo for help coming up w/ the theme as i was bereft of ideas.
and always remember, a small word of encouragement goes a lot further than you might think!
meanwhile, Berni's season 630: HOME still has a day and a half to run; don't fly the coup just yet!
xo

SEASON OF THE UKULELE #631: I MIST YOU - PLAYLIST

Last edited:
“Whether the weather be cool or whether the weather be hot we’ll weather the weather whatever the weather whether we like it or not.”…
courtesy Miss Deegan..Year 2 Elocution class

I mentioned this to Val a week or so back but my dad used to talk about this thing where if you are out on a rainy day for a walk and you meet someone else, you smile, tip your hat, and say,”Tickle your arse with a feather”. When they look at you in shock and say, “ I beg your pardon??!!” you go, “I said, it’s partic’ly nasty weather”.

I mentioned this to Val a week or so back but my dad used to talk about this thing where if you are out on a rainy day for a walk and you meet someone else, you smile, tip your hat, and say,”Tickle your arse with a feather”. When they look at you in shock and say, “ I beg your pardon??!!” you go, “I said, it’s partic’ly nasty weather”.
omg. that is hilarious mate lmao 🤣

The Two Ronnies had a sketch on that too.

howdy friends and welcome to season 631!

this week the weather is all around us, whether we like it or not!

please bring song(s) that:

1. have an obvious weather related title and/or contain lyrics with words
used to describe weather conditions/events.
for example: windy, hot, calm, hazy, lightning, flood, burnt, dry, foggy, stormy, thunder, lightning, breezy, wet, showery, clear, hurricane, cloudy etc etc etc
some songs that immediately come to mind: 'Blue Skies', 'Thunder Rolls', 'Here Comes The Sun', 'Raindrops keep Falling on My Head', 'Stormy Weather', 'Hazy Jane', 'Baby, it's Cold Outside', 'Riders on the Storm', 'Lightning Crashes', 'The Foggy, Foggy Dew' and so-on. you get the idea...

2. are mentioned in any of the 950 episodes of the David Lynch Weather Report. it'll take some digging but well worth it as he references many great artists and songs at random in a number of episodes. alternatively, you can play any song from any one of his films.

3. have a visceral and or emotional impact on your mood every time you hear it, for better or worse. weather is often said to have an enormous impact on the way we feel. some songs just get you, don't they - music can put you atop a cloud or drag you into the mire. bring us a song that has that sort of effect on you and please say why and how. it would also be lovely if you gave us a brief description of the prevailing weather conditions/climate in your part of the world, should you feel to.

4. a note to new seasonistas: if you are new to this seasons thing and thinking about joining in for the very first time, please do!!! this is a fun and encouraging, safe little corner of the internet and new participants are what has kept this thing rolling for just over 12 years now. you are welcome to play any song you like - it does not have to meet the theme criteria - or a song maybe that you're working on...anything!!! and you'll be met w/ open arms. if you'd like a little more info about what 'seasons of the ukulele' is, please check this wonderful FAQ post by jtsteam, otherwise don't hesitate to message me!

the usual 'rules' apply:

• ukulele is the main instrument although multitracking is fine.
  • original songs, instrumentals and collaborations are always a treat.
  • songs must be newly recorded for season 631, and please reference the season either verbally or in your video, title or yt description.
  • season 631 begins at 00.00 Hawaiian time tonight and ends at 23.59 Hawaiian time next Sunday.
  • there will be prizes!
  • a playlist link will be posted here once the initial videos start rolling in

hope you all enjoy this week and have a lot of fun w/ the theme.
also, big thanks to Joo for help coming up w/ the theme as i was bereft of ideas.
and always remember, a small word of encouragement goes a lot further than you might think!
meanwhile, Berni's season 630: HOME still has a day and a half to run; don't fly the coup just yet!
xo
Wait.. Rob must do what now? 🤣😂

IMG_20240317_074002.jpg
Getting a pedicure and a massage.

It is rather unfortunate that my right leg will often jerk and spasm for no reason at all and when you are getting your toe nails cut with sharp nail clippers that can be dangerous.

When it happened the lady asked if she had hurt me and I reassured her that it was only an uncontrollable reflex.

I have noticed that cold weather affects my walking, my right foot flops about like a fish on dry land, so the weather affect my muscles and bones.

Weather report light snow and -3C below zero.
IMG_20240317_080501.jpg

View attachment 168786

It is rather unfortunate that my right leg will often jerk and spasm for no reason at all and when you are getting your toe nails cut with sharp nail clippers that can be dangerous.

When it happened the lady asked if she had hurt me and I reassured her that it was only an uncontrollable reflex.

I have noticed that cold weather affects my walking, my right foot flops about like a fish on dry land, so the weather affect my muscles and bones.

View attachment 168787
it must be incredibly frustrating experiencing those symptoms w/ your right leg and foot mate.
that's a great photo with you and the chiropodist! you look happy. :)
and the weather report is much appreciated Rob. thank you for it! :)
i don't envy those of you in those extreme cold climes.
today here in southern Tasmania we're having a late burst of summer - still and bright sunshine
w/ 25C (77F) and tomorrow promises similar conditions, though warmer; 29C (85F).

Last edited:
View attachment 168786

View attachment 168787

I am currently binge watching "Deadwind", Rob - I don't know what the original Finnish title is, but it stars Pihla Viitala. One of the things that has struck me most, apart from the fact that Finnish police seem to move around in herds and are always entering en masse into deserted industrial buildings - which seem to proliferate in Finland, or, at least in the series - where they discover gruesome murder scenes, is the fact that, for at least 80% of the time, it's snowing, or, on a better day, raining! I know this can't be the case because you've put up so many lovely family photos of you all frolicking in the sunshine, but you do seem to get a lot of unenviable weather! (And it's great to see you enjoying your pedicure!)

I am currently binge watching "Deadwind", Rob - I don't know what the original Finnish title is, but it stars Pihla Viitala. One of the things that has struck me most, apart from the fact that Finnish police seem to move around in herds and are always entering en masse into deserted industrial buildings - which seem to proliferate in Finland, or, at least in the series - where they discover gruesome murder scenes, is the fact that, for at least 80% of the time, it's snowing, or, on a better day, raining! I know this can't be the case because you've put up so many lovely family photos of you all frolicking in the sunshine, but you do seem to get a lot of unenviable weather! (And it's great to see you enjoying your pedicure!)
We may have a hard winter but summertime is glorious... Cooking salmon... Swimming in the lake, and letting the dog clean the plates... Making a necklace out of a water lily stem.

Last edited:
in late December 2022, when David Lynch stopped doing his weather reports,
i decided to start my own series,
just for a bit of harmless fun and a way to incorporate some semblance
of routine into my days. a year and a bit on and somehow it's still going!
thought it'd be fun to post them here for each day of this season.
as a weather man i make a good BSer.
😉

Today was day 2 of all-day open mic at Esk Camp & Jam. After we all did our 3-song sets, we had an opportunity to do two more. All five of my songs were chosen to meet both themes - 631's weather and 630's home.

Round 1:
"It Never Rains in Southern California" - Albert Hammond
"Ain't No Sunshine" - Bill Withers
"Rainbow Blues" - original -> This one especially rocked!

Round 2:
"I Love a Rainy Night" - Eddie Rabbitt
"White Room" - Cream

When our relationships are going fine it is like beautiful weather but when storms enter our relationships we curse them.

Time after time, I held it Just to watch it die
Line after line, I loved it Just to watch it cry
Bless the weather that brought you to me
Curse the storm that takes you away
Curse the storm that takes you home
Wave after wave, I watched It Just to watch it turn
Day after day, I cooled It Just to watch it burn
Curse the storm that takes you home
Pain after pain I stood in Just to see how it would feel
 Rain after rain I stood in Just to make it real
Curse the day you go away
Time after time, I held it Just to watch it die
Line after line, I held it Just to watch it cry

Hello, Jon, and thanks for hosting! "Mist" you, too ... great to see you back on The Seasons! This song might reflect my current mood. Today is my Birthday and for the second year I am celebrating it alone. I just went to open the postbox and, instead of birthday cards, all I found were communications from both the French and UK Governments! And my birthday present is a lawn mower!!! A LAWN MOWER!!! Who, in their right mind would want a lawn mower for their birthday??? It is, however, a necessity, as the old one - which has been on its last legs for years - has finally given up the ghost ... and the grass has started growing! So it is, indeed, raining in my heart .. and just as I finished recording, it started raining in the garden, too! The good news, though, is that someone has just invited me out to dinner this evening, so all is not lost. (Oh, and I've got VERY clean feet, Rob ... so I think they'll pass the "smell test"!)

Last edited:
Ok, I posted the low g tenor version earlier but decided to try again with the bari. This will do. Love this song!
So i was saying that I suggested WEATHER as a theme to our host because he has been doing all these weather forecasts.
The David Lynch part - I will need to do some digging. There must be lots of cool songs in there!

Thanks for hosting, Jon! Great to see you posting regularly again!

EDIT: Forgot to share my weather condition today.
The temperature went up to a highest of 33°C,
and currently it is about 27°C, although it feels like 30°C! Haha.

It was so hot and humid, you can see me sporting the sweat "glow" on my face. ;--)

Last edited:
Top Bottom