SOTU 632 "I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS"

Mate, I’ve been practicing this one all week, and you’ve dashed my hopes, LOL! That aside, I’m assuming this is great but am getting zero audio.
I think you should go for it, Clark ... you can never have too much Fleetwood Mac! (Besides, it's great to hear different versions of a song.)

Last edited:
Thank you for the great Season, Val! Thank you for the encouragement to post this, especially when on the heels of Jon’s wonderful version.

Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, 1977
For those who weren’t old enough to drive a car in ‘77, two words: “Couples’ Skate”

For everyone else, three words: “Turn it up!”

Thanks for hosting Val!

Here's an original by a seasonista, covered by 2 other seasonistas, filmed by another seasonista!

Chris @hands_on_lanzon and his wife Wendy are in Singapore!!!

it was so cool to meet Chris in person. such a talented, beautiful and humble person.
i told Chris i was thinking of covering this song by Ukulele Extra Cheese for the Seasons and we just did it unrehearsed. well, this was take 2. thanks so much to Wendy for filming us!

My contribution this week is a TWOFER, since you get two songs, one after the other, for the price of one visit!

I wrote the rather apocalyptic song "First" at the beginning of February (2024) in response to a FAWM prompt of the same title. Then, towards the end of FAWM, another prompt challenged us to return to an earlier song and write a follow up. I chose to turn the whole idea of the first song into a nightmare from which the narrator awakes. But, unfortunately, he wakes his wife... and the second song deals with that.

I hope you like:

I was scanning via google maps the local businesses in my new neighborhood the other day when I came across the name of a shop I wasn't expecting to see. The Moe Heain Music shop, home of Moe Heain Guitars, was a mere two blocks from my apartment here in the Sanchaung district of Yangon. I was thrilled to see it. The Moe Heain guitar I bought back in 2014 is probably the finest guitar I've ever owned. I had already noted since returning here that they no longer occupied the hole-in-the-wall dingy shop I remembered from so long ago. I made a visit to them at the top of my list for errands that day.

Later that day, I had a nice conversation with the literal Mom and Pop running the place and feeling the obligation to buy SOMETHING during my stop, I noticed looking up a collection of that rare, dignified, ancient Persian instrument, the KAH-zoo (note that is thr pronunciation - not kah-ZOO). At a price of 6000 kys (USD $1.60), I almost bought two.

Of course, I'd need a dream song for this week with a good KAH-zoo part. Enjoy.

Some ezdrummer, some synth pad, piano and a bari guilelelele .
Thats an easy word to start spelling and a difficult one to stop !!
My take on Blondie's "Dreaming" from "Eat to the Beat" 1979.
Never ever did I think I would play a Blondie song, and never on
a uke !!

Thanks for hosting Val!

Here's an original by a seasonista, covered by 2 other seasonistas, filmed by another seasonista!

Chris @hands_on_lanzon and his wife Wendy are in Singapore!!!

it was so cool to meet Chris in person. such a talented, beautiful and humble person.
i told Chris i was thinking of covering this song by Ukulele Extra Cheese for the Seasons and we just did it unrehearsed. well, this was take 2. thanks so much to Wendy for filming us!

What better way to spend my SOTU'versary week than collaborating with the very Seasonista who unknowingly lured me to join! She exudes spirit and creativity and her art prize are what inspired me to do some things similar for some of my Seasons!

When we met up yesterday, Joo suggested this super cool original from UEC and she rocked it! What a fun one! I rarely play uke with anyone (now my second SOTU collab in as many weeks tho), so it was cool to sit back on this one as a supporting role and just strum away. 😏😲

Last edited:
Here's a nostalgic dream song: "Your Wildest Dreams" by the Moody Blues.

There's a little wind sound that came in at the end. I usually record with the phone on a little tripod stand inside a bookcase that I set up on my porch to protect it from the wind. It took me quite a few videos when I first moved here in July to get that setup right, and by now I'd forgotten all about the wind interference. This one was made sitting at my desk, to the right of my usual spot, with the phone in a tripod on the desk. I'll have to remember to put the phone inside a box or something if I try this again ... especially with all the stormy weather we've been having!

I saw The Moody Blues once in the late '80s from a lawn seat at the Garden State Arts Center, a wonderful amphitheater in central New Jersey. Fantastic show. Fabulous music, of course, and a really impressive light show.

I used to spend a lot of my summer on that lawn. They had such a wonderful variety of artists, from Sinatra to symphony to the B-52's. (I think I saw all of those in the same week!) We'd go straight from work, grab a great spot on the lawn, spread out our blankets and enjoy a picnic dinner, and then a terrific show. The lawn seating was inexpensive, and way more spacious than the theater seats under the roof. You did have to take your chances with the weather, of course - I do remember watching a few shows bundled up under umbrellas, and occasionally running in to stand under the roof if it got real bad. But most of the time it was delightful to be out in the NJ summer evening weather. Many happy memories, and this show was a particular highlight.

Chopin closely expressed his Nocturne's (French for 'of the night') with dreams so hope this one passes the Val-o-meter.......

Last edited:
I didn't think I was going to do another one this season but I have. This is Haunt Me by Sade. Although the main topic is not dreams or sleep the first verse is set up with a dream and the second with sleep. Using Greg Bennett/Samick baritone in low D for a chord track and a bass track (using a pitch shifter effect) and the Enya tenor in high G for the other chord track, a counter melody and for percussion.

Hello yet again from deepest France, where Good Friday has turned out very grey! Interestingly, today isn't a Public Holiday in France ... that is reserved for Easter Monday. Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed so far .. we are up to 69 videos on the Playlist! Please keep those songs coming - once you've had your Easter Egg Hunt, you'll have the whole weekend ahead of you to make music. A Very Happy Easter to One and All, and to celebrate, here is an Easter Bunny joke ....

rabbits-dreaming-e1554105699979.jpg

Chris and I co-wrote a song together! 😄

We recorded it yesterday at their hotel. Thanks to Wendy(Chris's wife) for filming it.
We forgot to turn the aircon off so you can hear what Chris described as the "dream fog noise". LOL.

(verse 1)
(C)Am I a song that you (G7) sing (G9)in the (Cmaj7) morning?
Am i (Dm) love or (G)truth?
Am i (C) solar or (Am) lunar?
Am i a (F) feather (Fm) or a (Em7)rock (A7) ?
(Dm)mm mm mm mm (G)mm

(Chorus 1)
(Gm) Imagination
Fantasy or (Am) reality?
(D7) Create and erasing
(G) Inverted fallacy (G7) (Em) (Dm)

(verse 2)
(C) Yesterday my (G7)name was (G9)suicide cir(Cmaj7)cus
(Dm) Tomorrow my name will be a lotta (G)hope
I'll (C)bring my uku(Am)lele
A (F)crash helmet (Fm) and a (Em7) fifty dollar (A7) note
(Dm)mm mm mm mm (G)mm

(chorus 2)
(Gm) Was it a dream
Or was it a (Am) memory?
(D7)Why does my brain always just (G) mess with me? (G7) (Em) (Dm)

(Outro)
(C)Mirror Mirror on the wall(G7) (G9)
(C)Mirror Mirror on the wall(G7) (G9)
(C)Mirror Mirror on the wall(G7) (G9) (C)

It was just over a year ago that I was starting to learn what the heck Seasons of the 'Ukulele was.

I was intrigued, but I had never recorded myself and for dang sure never shared any videos of myself singing and playing. It was @joo's Season 577 - Jingles! that inspired me to dip my toes, finally jumping in on Season 579.

Fast forward a year to my SOTU'versary... my personal 53rd SOTU and here I am, in SINGAPORE, collaborating with the very Seasonista who inspired me join this fun, interesting, unique, inspiring, quirky, "ukulele cool" group of folks who have helped me grow as an ukulele player, musician, performer, and just as a human, in general. Anyways... you all know how much I love the Seasons, so it's been a real pleasure getting to meet Joo in person this week and create some fun music together.

Here we are trying a little something different. It's our cover of Metallica's "Enter Sandman." If you don't believe we had some fun, watch til (or skip to) the end for a few giggly outtakes.

Thanks for putting this video together for us, Joo!!

\m/ Metallica was the first stadium concert I ever attended back in 1997...I was 15 then. 3 years later, Enter Sandman became one of the first riffs I learned 24 years ago back in High School. That, some campfire chords and some power chords was all I knew how to play.

Anyway, I'm sure you've all seen my latest gear acquisition (a Paul Gilbert 3/4 electric guitar)...The very first thing I played on it was Enter Sandman and I couldn't believe I still remember how to play it...The heavy palm muted chugs are still my go to each time I pick up a guitar.

Top Bottom