SOTU 632 "I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS"

Here's an old Bob Dylan talkin' blues called Talkin' World War III. Dylan recorded this on his 2nd album, Freewheelin'.

I went to the doctors for a checkup.The doctor checked and checked but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

He said he couldn't find any reason for my pain, so he said it must be the alcohol.

Ok I said I'll come in for another checkup when your sober.

I went to the doctors for a checkup.The doctor checked and checked but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

He said he couldn't find any reason for my pain, so he said it must be the alcohol.

Ok I said I'll come in for another checkup when your sober.
Are you here all week Rob? 😂

"...who dreamed up someone so devine, someone like you and made them mine .."

I have done Declan O'Rourke's "Galileo" a couple of times before, but it's been a year or three, so no apologies for the repeat - it is pretty high up my list of perfect songs. Covered by Josh Groban, Brian Kennedy, Eddi Reader, and probably a few more.

Why "Snørij Snørænsøn's Electric Nightmare" ? Well, why not ?Had to call it something. Bit of a change of pace and genre for me...and I like it !! Halion Sonic within Steinberg Cubase 13 AI Elements provides the voices via pads and lead synth sounds, played on my yammy p155, EZdrummer the beat and I have made friends again with my Flight electric uke putting it through my big amp (Line 6 spider 2) which I rediscovered at the back of my shed !!

Back in Season 600, I recorded California Dreaming. At that time, I intentionally kept it barren (just one voice, and no harmony), and I dedicated to Mackenzie Phillips and Cass Elliot.

Here's what I previously wrote as an explanation of solidarity via simplicity:
Mackenzie Phillips claims incest from her father, John Phillips, and I believe her. Mackenzie's drug addiction subsequently decimated her life. Cass Elliot started her singing career performing from behind the stage curtain. She evolved into becoming a star in her own right, and launched a solo career before her life was taken away.

Now, 32 Seasons later, I'm strong enough to finish what I started.

I hope someone covers City of Stars from La La Land. It's one of the first songs I ever learned from start to finish and I do believe it counts since it has several mentions of dreams.

I just listened to my old video from 7 years ago and it's quite horrific. lol

I narrowed it down to three REM songs, this one, Sweetness Follows & Country Feedback. The second verse of this one is a dream that Wendell Gee had so unlike the other two songs it fits the theme without it just being the band. So here's Wendell Gee by REM on the 5 string.

Another new original called Sleep Softly Now. Doubled vocals, Ohana 5 string tenor, synth pads and synth percussion.

let the worries fade away in the stillness of the night
sleep softly now until the morning light

close your weary eyes let your troubles go
in the silence of the night let your spirit flow
let the gentle breeze lull you to your rest
in the cradle of the night feel sleep’s caress

sleep softly now let the darkness embrace
find comfort in its arms find peace in its space

with gentle whispers the night unfolds its tale
as darkness blankets all like a comforting veil
let the gentle rhythms carry you away
to a place of quiet where you'll gently sway

let the worries fade away in the stillness of the night
sleep softly now dream until the morning light
sleep softly now

Crowded House are from my part of the world, and get mentioned a lot at trivia, which I'm heading to shortly, so I thought it would be fun to do "Don't Dream It's Over". And it was!

I'll probably still get the next Finn brothers question wrong, but my teammates know, so it's all good. My job is to get the "obscure" American questions.

Hello folks. Another lovely set of songs this week!

I have another gig coming up in May with a different singer who sings in a different key to Charlotte so we need a lot of new material! This is one that's been in my head for ages, so I worked it out yesterday (forgive any rough edges, I haven't got the lyrics yet!).

It's about not sleeping, which I seem to know a lot about at the minute, and thought fit here! It's so beautifully put together as a song. Recorded on a reentrant baritone uke so I could do the vocals and keep the key I wanted to play it in.

So here's "A nightingale sang in Berkeley Square".

an ol' tin-pan era tune by Johnny Burke & Jimmy Monaco

Hi, Jon! As I said yesterday, my comments are not appearing on your YT channel ... not sure whether you can fix it? Anyway, in case you can't, I shall comment here. You do these "oldies" so well and this one sounds great on the 8-string ... and it is very cheering to see you sitting out on the doorstep in the sunshine! Fab stuff, as ever, Sir; thank you!

And Good Morning (and etc.) - well, it's 8.30 a.m. here - and I've been sitting in bed drinking tea and listening to all the lovely contributions that have come in "overnight" again ... thank you, All! It is a dull, grey morning here in deepest France and promises to be raining soon if it isn't already, BUT the temperature is set to rise to a dizzying 7 degrees this afternoon! Please bring me more dream/nightmare/sleep-disorder (?) songs today ... I need to be "lulled!" Meanwhile, spare a thought for this poor chicken ...
8796square__94995.jpg

Top Bottom