Sweepstakes: One of a kind instruments from Kanile'a and Taylor to reforest Hawaii

Well, as one of the many non-American citizens on this forum, I don't qualify for the contest; however, I donated a small sum towards the invasive species removal effort, a topic rather close to my heart (as we daily tackle Scotch broom, ivy, Himalayan blackberries etc. in our local spaces).
You ARE American, Amie. You’re North American!

Last edited:
Regardless, none of us will likely be around when any are made into instruments.

Yeah, the typical time frame from planting to harvesting koa is 100-150 years. 🙂 Our kids probably won't be alive for it either, which is kind of cool. This is genuinely an investment in the future.

Last edited:
Entered, and donated, and sent to friends who play guitar and ukulele.

I'm so sorry I missed that, or I'd have mentioned it! I kind of freaked out that I was 6 weeks late even finding out that it was going on -- hey, I been busy! -- so I was hustling to post it at all... right before bedtime at that, so I'd wound up posting it twice, and one of 'em was incomplete. 🫢😳

Anyway, apologies for that, and I'll be sure to bring this up with them to see if future sweepstakes can be more broadly available!
Thanks for your efforts.

Although I follow Kanilea on Instagram, it was your post here that spurred me on.

Thanks for your efforts.

Although I follow Kanilea on Instagram, it was your past here that spurred me on.

Today's the deadline! You all have until midnight HST TODAY, Sunday Jan 31, 2023 (2am Monday Jan 1 Pacific, 5am Monday Jan 1 Eastern) to get in those entries!

Thanks to everyone who donated! I hope someone from UU wins these amazing instruments!

Mahalo,
Tim

Top Bottom