Pete Howlett Solid body electric Revelator One of a kind? Gauging interest

DPO

Reaction score
I am posting this to see if there would be much interest in this uke by Pete Howlett. This was a prototype of a solid body Revelator I purchased from Pete in March 2021.
Not sure if Pete made anymore, so it may be the only one in existence. I have no price in mind as I have no idea what it might be worth. Please PM me if you are interested.01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg

Attachments

• UU.jpg
    UU.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 9
  • UU.jpg
    UU.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hey Dennis! Good to hear from you. I hope you're enjoying your retirement.

I'm not in the market, but given that the Kala-built versions are going for $1500-2000, I gotta think this is worth well north of that

I would recommend that if you're not ready to place a price on this instrument, I can move it to Uke Talk until you get a feel for what the market would bear, otherwise, according to our updated Marketplace Rules, we require you to post a price, and we also require a "proof of ownership" photo (examples are in the Rules as linked).

Thanks,
Amie
Moderator Team

Reactions: Kei
I would recommend that if you're not ready to place a price on this instrument, I can move it to Uke Talk until you get a feel for what the market would bear, otherwise, according to our updated Marketplace Rules, we require you to post a price, and we also require a "proof of ownership" photo (examples are in the Rules as linked).

Thanks,
Amie
Moderator Team
Ok, whatever you think is right.

Hey Dennis! Good to hear from you. I hope you're enjoying your retirement.

I'm not in the market, but given that the Kala-built versions are going for $1500-2000, I gotta think this is worth well north of that
Thanks Jim, retirement is going well.

Ok, whatever you think is right.
It's up to you - let me know whether you want to post a price and a "proof of ownership" photo; if not, I'll shift this to Uke Talk for now (we can always reinstate it here when you're ready with those two Marketplace requirements).

It's up to you - let me know whether you want to post a price and a "proof of ownership" photo; if not, I'll shift this to Uke Talk for now (we can always reinstate it here when you're ready with those two Marketplace requirements).
Well as I have no price at this time then by all move it.

I believe Pete labeled some of his early solid body ukes as Revelator. These are completely different from his hollow body thinline ukuleles labeled Revelator which are now made by Kala. You could contact him to ask. He was a prolific builder with many styles but is now retiring.

I am posting this to see if there would be much interest in this uke by Pete Howlett. This was a prototype of a solid body Revelator I purchased from Pete in March 2021.
Not sure if Pete made anymore, so it may be the only one in existence. I have no price in mind as I have no idea what it might be worth. Please PM me if you are interested.View attachment 158751View attachment 158752View attachment 158753View attachment 158754View attachment 158755View attachment 158756
Wow does it sound differemt without the soundhole in the churned Kala model?

Wow does it sound differemt without the soundhole in the churned Kala model?
It's fully electric, no acoustic properties, has to be played through an amp, just like an electric guitar.

I believe Pete labeled some of his early solid body ukes as Revelator. These are completely different from his hollow body thinline ukuleles labeled Revelator which are now made by Kala. You could contact him to ask. He was a prolific builder with many styles but is now retiring.
Yes, I know Pete, and I don't believe he is retiring, at least not yet.

I follow what Pete is up to on his site, seems quite busy since selling the revelator design to Kala. His current builds seem to be centering on his "A very Britsh Ukulele" More power to him.

Top Bottom