Does anyone walk while playing? or play while walking?

Around the house all the time. Not too much outdoors.

I was going to start a thread on the closing eyes and facial expressions. If only someone could take pictures of our expressions... I think it would interesting and quite funny 😁
I can definitely relate to that, Linnaea! I cringe when I see myself on video singing, as it seems I make the goofiest faces, without being aware of it!

Me? Good grief, hell no! My balance is poor enough as it is, I don't need any help falling down. I do move around on stage quite a bit, but that is limited by my amp cord. Someday, maybe cordless?
So, Nickie, you don't jump up on top of huge speaker columns to wow the crowd any more? 😄

Yeah, I can't walk by a street musician or even a passing car radio without unintentionally falling into the rhythm of whatever's playing. Even music I think I don't like has me moving to the beat.
A very insightful reference you made there, Terry: "music I think I don't like." I say that because, just in the last five years or so, I've come to really enjoy certain kinds of music that I'd always bypassed in days gone by-- mostly "heavier" stuff-- just by giving it a chance. In particular, AC/DC has caught my interest. It's almost like, as something becomes a little more familiar, it seems less intimidating. More recently I've discovered Greta Van Fleet, which includes three young guys who are brothers, with their good friend playing drums. I was lucky to play in a band with my three brothers throughout the seventies, so I can kind of relate to that... (Sorry to hijack the discussion!!!!)

I can definitely relate to that, Linnaea! I cringe when I see myself on video singing, as it seems I make the goofiest faces, without being aware of it!
I started my musical journey playing electric bass, and "bass face" is a well known phenomenon (maybe meme is the better term!) I don't think it's limited to bass, though! 🤪

I started my musical journey playing electric bass, and "bass face" is a well known phenomenon (maybe meme is the better term!) I don't think it's limited to bass, though! 🤪
Hahahahahaha! Gus, I think I could live with bass-face, as long as we're talking about the instrument and not the fish!

Hey! I take that personally (former piper here). Recall that story about the pied piper? Keep an eye on your kids.
I tried a set of bagpipes once some years back. Having been a trumpet major in college I thought it wouldn't be too hard to produce a sound. Big surprise! Way, way harder than I ever thought.

I tried a set of bagpipes once some years back. Having been a trumpet major in college I thought it wouldn't be too hard to produce a sound. Big surprise! Way, way harder than I ever thought.
I have a similar feeling about the harmonica. Can I make a sound? Yes. Can I make musical sounds? Well...

Last edited:
A very insightful reference you made there, Terry: "music I think I don't like." I say that because, just in the last five years or so, I've come to really enjoy certain kinds of music that I'd always bypassed in days gone by-- mostly "heavier" stuff-- just by giving it a chance. In particular, AC/DC has caught my interest. It's almost like, as something becomes a little more familiar, it seems less intimidating. More recently I've discovered Greta Van Fleet, which includes three young guys who are brothers, with their good friend playing drums. I was lucky to play in a band with my three brothers throughout the seventies, so I can kind of relate to that... (Sorry to hijack the discussion!!!!)
This?
Thunder Struck

I have been into AC/DC in recent years, too. It is like rediscovering a part of my bygone youth. Some of their songs work remarkably well on ukulele. A lot of hard rock is more interesting to me now than ever before. We should compare notes, @Bill Sheehan because it seems we are moving in a similar direction.

Yeah, Bill. For me it's hip-hop, but as it bleeds it's way into more and more mainstream music or rock and roll, I catch myself bouncing along with it.

Wow! How about that??!! Pretty darn cool, for sure, Nickie! I'll bet the banjo guy was happy to see it wind down at the end there! 😁

Now, at the risk of completely upending Baconsalad's very good thread (please forgive!), here's the video clip that first sparked my interest in AC/DC. They were opening the Grammy's show back in 2015, and I really got a kick out of how half the audience didn't quite seem to know what to do with them! A number of familiar faces in that audience, by the way. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Paul McCartney are definitely having fun, while Ed Sheeran looks a little bewildered...

Now, at the risk of completely upending Baconsalad's very good thread (please forgive!), here's the video clip that first sparked my interest in AC/DC. They were opening the Grammy's show back in 2015, and I really got a kick out of how half the audience didn't quite seem to know what to do with them! A number of familiar faces in that audience, by the way. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Paul McCartney are definitely having fun, while Ed Sheeran looks a little bewildered...
LOL! At 2:45 we see a very dour Richard Perry (actually a favourite record producer of mine having worked with Tiny Tim and Nilsson, among many others) together with his wife (and my distant cousin) Jane Fonda. At least Jane can clap along on the 2 & 4 while these guys tear it up on stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom