does anyone have kala - contour series?

Final_form

Reaction score
I couldnt find any review/info about these models.
I like its wide ebony fretboard and the price is good id say. (im done spending 1000$ for ukes ._. ).

But my question is what about:

-build quality (i have an old [~2016] solid body tenor from kala and the build quality is better/equal to my 1000$ ukes),
-sound,
-volume.

Mahogany tenor intrest me the most but if you have any other model from this series please share your thoughts.
Thanks.

Aloha City Ukes has videos on each. A couple are listed below but there are others in YouTube. They look/ sound great.

Mahogany

Acacia

Haven't heard much about these, but I like some of the listed features, especially the 1.5" nut width. That is a big surprise, usually only available on their Elite models. I also like the clean look of the string-through bridge design. Not sure what they mean by a "reimagined" slotted headstock, and I've never played a uke with a contoured comfort edge. Is it just me, or do I see more companies copying the Anuenue line with "eclipse" soundhole rosettes like this? I think I've recently seen this on a Flight uke too. Well, glad to see that Kala is apparently listening, and now offering a tenor with a wide nut. The all-solid spruce/rosewood version with cutaway looks interesting too.

Last edited:
The new string-through bridge looks good IMO, much more compact than the previous bridge, which had large side wings. It looks much like the Elite bridges.

Attachments

• 20231213_133340.jpg
    20231213_133340.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Not too crazy about the slotted headstocks, but the features (wider nut, string through bridge, forearm contour, available cutaway), understated looks, and tonewood choices, make these attractive options. They are fairly affordable too. I'm debating getting one, but am waiting for more online reviews or a post here from someone's personal experience with one.

Anybody know where the Kala Contour line is made? I thought maybe Java, like the Kala Metropolitan line, but can't find anything to confirm.

I just recently ordered the solid acacia model, I’ve been drooling over it for a while and finally went for it. I’ll make a thread about my personal experience with her when she comes in. I too, am really excited about the wide nut and the armrest (contour). I have really small hands for a guy, but a wider fingerboard is somehow easier to play for me. This contour series seems like it’s all about mainly two things: comfort and quality. The guy on Aloha City Ukes says it’s easy to play, and I wholeheartedly believe him. From what I’ve heard through good speakers, the sound seems heavenly. It will be my first fully solid wood uke, and my first tenor.

I couldnt find any review/info about these models.
I like its wide ebony fretboard and the price is good id say. (im done spending 1000$ for ukes ._. ).

But my question is what about:

-build quality (i have an old [~2016] solid body tenor from kala and the build quality is better/equal to my 1000$ ukes),
-sound,
-volume.

Mahogany tenor intrest me the most but if you have any other model from this series please share your thoughts.
Thanks.
I Just bought the acacia model and I love it. Would recommend this model if you are on the fence.

Southern Ukulele Store in UK just reviewed all the models yesterday. All models were given thumbs up.

Top Bottom