Today's Chuckle

Ha! About an hour ago I was stretching before going out the front door for a run, and my wife being a smart *ss said it would work better if I pulled. I reminded her of just this joke.
Lol. Every time I do this, this meme comes into my head. Or my husband's, and he will remind me of it. We always have a laugh. 😂

We had a power cut at our house this morning and my PC, laptop, TV, DVD, iPad and my new surround sound music system all shut down.
Then I discovered that my cell phone battery was dead and to top it off it was raining outside, so I couldn't play golf.
I went into the kitchen to make coffee and then I remembered that this also needs power, so I sat and talked with my wife for a couple of hours.
She seems like a nice person.

I spent 24 of my 34 years teaching in elementary schools. Kids at that age have no filter and come out with some real pearls.
A group of kids went on a field trip to an apple orchard. Later in the day when they returned, I saw one of the kids, a girl named LaWanda. I asked her where they went on their field trip and she mentioned an apple orchard. I asked her what she saw. Sarcastic reply was apples, followed by an eye roll!!!!!
I had a string student who was born in Japan. She was so serious sometimes and never got a joke. I was famous for corny dad jokes. I told her I knew a guy who was so old, he used to babysit Abraham Lincoln. She looked at me and said, is he still alive? She ended up valedictorian of the most advanced academic program in our public high schools. She received a full scholarship to Boston College. She's still funny without trying to be. My wife is the same way. When we were planning our wedding, we went to meet with the Episcopal Priest who was performing the nuptials. He asked her to tell him what she liked about me. Total deadpan expression, she says, he doesn't stink!!!!!!

Another tale from my years teaching. One of the 3rd grade teachers played a funny April Fool's joke on her kids. The kids decided to play one on her.
On rainy days the kids would have indoor recess and on this rainy day the kids came up with a doozy. Elementary schools are staffed by mostly women teachers, I was the only male faculty member. There were 2 much younger guys on staff. One was out audio-visual director and the other was our computer tech.
While the teacher was out of the room, the kids wrote 3 love letters to her. One from me and one each from the two other young men. I might add that the two guys were young enough to be her sons. One of the quotes from my letter said, my heart blazes for you! It became a running joke between us. Don't stand too close, my heart still blazes for you.

Another tale from my years teaching. One of the 3rd grade teachers played a funny April Fool's joke on her kids. The kids decided to play one on her.
On rainy days the kids would have indoor recess and on this rainy day the kids came up with a doozy. Elementary schools are staffed by mostly women teachers, I was the only male faculty member. There were 2 much younger guys on staff. One was out audio-visual director and the other was our computer tech.
While the teacher was out of the room, the kids wrote 3 love letters to her. One from me and one each from the two other young men. I might add that the two guys were young enough to be her sons. One of the quotes from my letter said, my heart blazes for you! It became a running joke between us. Don't stand too close, my heart still blazes for you.
LOLOLOLOL. I remember one year I posted on Facebook how I desperately wanted to get married and have children but had left it too late. I got an outpouring of commiseration...then dropped it on people that it was April 1 :D

Top Bottom