SOTU 579 That's Crackers!

Thanks for hosting, Sabine.
I was playing around with some open D tuning on my bari uke today. Did an improv, and then added another improv over the first.
I thought it needed some vocals...so I sang, on repeat, these lines :
You think I am crazy?
I don't have BPD.

The paintings I used to make this video are all improvised too. I just sat down and painted whatever came to my mind.
The fun thing and challenging thing about this is - I need to know when to stop playing and painting.

This is awesome- love me some Madness (and Prince Buster). Many years ago we had a seasonista who had played bass for Madness. Anyone heard from Mike lately?
Also, being from the US “Cracker” is the least offensive pejorative term this country has come up with. It is applied to the white folks who shop late hours at Walmart and eat at Golden Corral. They tend to be (but are not always) the ones that use the worst pejorative terms we have come up with (and they are really bad), so I reckon there is no foul here at all for those of us in the states.
…eat [supper] at Golden Corral [after having breakfast at Cracker Barrel.]

Reactions: TCK
i hope christmas crackers count? because here is a homemade song about them!

What do frogs wear on their feet?
Open toad sandals.

What athlete is warmest during winter?
A long jumper.

What happened to the man that stole an advent calendar?
He got 25 days.

Hi, Sabine, and thanks for hosting. This song was a hit in the mid-1980s for Kim Carnes. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to do the voice of the monsters; hence, I sang both the lead and the monsters on my own. So here's my quick and dirty version of "Crazy in the Night."

Sabine, I have a question, please. What about songs by an artist that calls himself Uncle Kracker? Are those permissible? He had a hit back in 2000 that had nothing to do with being crazy, called, "Follow Me."

Since I wouldn't know the difference if one of his songs was announced on the radio, Uncle Kracker is welcome, Ila!

Thanks to everyone who submitted their songs today: Wendy (who mashed up all three themes), Brian (pabrizzer, with the first original song), Rob (Madness, also in the crazy footage), Val (with the cutest animal crackers), Charley (Queen!!!!!), Joo (an original made up of two tunes, about mental health), Wim (with a lesser known U2 song), Lynda (original, about Christmas crackers), Ralph (Madness), Ila (three entries: crackers in two spellings and crazy too) Allan (a new to me oldie for the crazy theme) and Jim (a not quite so oldie, but new to me song for the crazy theme). So, after 10.5 hours we have 14 songs on the playlist. There is a good mix of the themes, but the 'crazy' theme is currently in the lead.

We'll see if and how the tally changes overnight and later tomorrow. Dave will hopefully be playing through some of his Madness repertoire. Maybe there's even a moment to record some of it...

See you tomorrow, and for all the UK based mums, I hope you all had a Happy Mother's day today!

Ain't Life Sweet? - Penny Lang

My sister introduced me to Penny's music before the turn of the century and we hired her to perform at our local folk club.
This line qualifies this song: "You can have it all in a nutshell held together with crazy glue."

Top Bottom