SOTU 579 That's Crackers!

There are now 51 songs on the playlist. Since yesterday's update, Alan, Del, Liz and Rob added a song each. Del went for some Madness, and the other three songs had 'crazy in the lyrics or the title. They all sound very different, and I hope you can spend some time to check the out (if you haven't already). You won't regret it.

Thanks to Alan, Del, Liz and Rob for the songs, and to all of you for listening and commenting (on YouTube or here). It's probably time to find me a song and join in too. The week isn slowly drawing to a close...

and, LAST SONG FROM ME, I PROMISE!
Hi again, Sabine!
I obviously don't keep my promise....😛

this song is based on a painting I made, which is the one in this video.
here are the words:

She wore a matchstick brow, and a twiggy frown.
2 troublemakers ready to set the world on fire.
The fishes jump over the moon,
Above the ocean in her melancholic eyelids.
The pear smells something fishy-
There's a rumour going on.

I played banjo uke and sang, while it was raining. You can hear the rain sound.
It features Jon (mountain goat) on tenor ukes. (Thanks so much for playing on this, Jon!)

I already did a couple of 'crazy' songs, so today I did a couple of songs by Madness. I played this one at the Seasonista open mic today to give me confidence. This was never a single in the U.S., but was a #4 hit in the U.K. The uke is running through an Electro-Harmonix C9 effects box to add an organ sound.

I don't feel like doing George Harrison's "Crackerbox Palace" again, so I won't be doing any 'crackers' songs for this Season. Here's the version I did back in Season 106:

Crackerbox Palace - 106th Season of the Ukulele

Last edited:
It's already after 2pm Sunday here in sunny Brissie, and still no Season 580. 580's loss is 579's gain - or the other way round depending on your perspective.

Plus, can it be already nearly the end of day 6 and we've not yet seen this iconic "crazy" song? We can't have that, can we?

Also contains the words insane, lunatic, and, yes, Madness.

Billy Joel's "You May Be Right". (Yeah, probably.)

Hi again, Sabine!
I obviously don't keep my promise....😛

this song is based on a painting I made, which is the one in this video.
here are the words:

She wore a matchstick brow, and a twiggy frown.
2 troublemakers ready to set the world on fire.
The fishes jump over the moon,
Above the ocean in her melancholic eyelids.
The pear smells something fishy-
There's a rumour going on.

I played banjo uke and sang, while it was raining. You can hear the rain sound.
It features Jon (mountain goat) on tenor ukes. (Thanks so much for playing on this, Jon!)

IMG_20230326_111615.jpg

Sunday evening here in the UK, and there are still more than 12 and a half hours to post your songs.
You all kept going strong today, with 5 seasonistas, together adding 6 more songs to the playlist.
Jim (Uke4ia) brought us two Madness songs.
The four other songs fall in the 'crazy' category.Joo couldn't resist submitting another original, a collaboration with Jon.
Jon himself went for a Britney Spears song (definitely a new one to my ears).
Jim Yates revisited Alan's song from earlier in the week.
Wendy used some extra time to get a second song in this week.

Let's see if Ralph (or maybe someone else) stayed with Madness... Thanks for today everybody!

Hi Sabine 😊
I did a song this week!
There are a few things off here, of course, and i could drive myself bananas trying to get it perfect, but overall I’m pretty pleased with how quickly I managed to get this much down, having only looked the song up last night. That is definitely progress for me! I’ll take it. 😊 Thanks for the opportunity! 💞

Oops, it's more than time to wrap up this week.
Tanya posted to one very obvious song that was still missing this week in the last few hours, and I followed her delightul entry with two songs to finish the playlist.
I haven't kept a precise tally, as it became clear early on that the 'crazy' songs would win. With 60 great songs and a brand new seasonista (yay hands_on_lanzon!) I remain a happy host.

Thanks everyone, on now with 69 and 70!

Top Bottom