Signed up for James Hill course and the videos won't load. Anyone else tried the uketropolis site? It worked fine when I signed up, now nuthin'.

Eggs_n_Ham

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Sorry for leaving this here but I don't know who or where else I can mention it! I've tried all the usual stuff, different browsers clear cookies, yadayadayadah...I watched two vids in "booster uke" and now the third one won't load. Frustrating. I'm hoping this is some weird glitch and everything works tomorrow. I did contact them through email hopefully it'll get resolved.

I hope it gets resolved for you.
I recently had a similar experience. I'm not a follower of anyone, but two weeks ago I was impressed by a performance of someone on Patreon. His YouTube description lead me to the Patreon site. I did want to see his music score, so I made a contribution. Then, I saw that I actually started a subscription. Not wanting to subscribe, I canceled future payments. Guess what? I was denied access to the music score! I contacted the performer, and he gladly forwarded me the score, but I remain blocked from his patreon, even though I should have 30 days access. It's of no consequence to me. I'm just relaying my experience.

I was having buffering problems, but it seemed to "unstick" if I picked a time a little further along the track. Did you try that? If not, I recommend contacting them about technical issues with their videos.

I was having buffering problems, but it seemed to "unstick" if I picked a time a little further along the track. Did you try that? If not, I recommend contacting them about technical issues with their videos.
I was doing the usual flip-flops with settings and browsers then decided to look under the hood and inspected the site with dev tools. What I found was an error message that their end was refusing the connection from my device when attempting to access the video stream. I could access what I had viewed but nothing after. The videos are all streaming in little hls packets so it's harder to download or whatever. Plus, they can throw up error codes and prevent the rest of the stream which I think that's what happened for me.
As a pretty hardcore privacy wonk I use a vpn and hardened browsers for privacy. Inspecting the website code made me try the site without the vpn and it seems to have solved the problem.
I still can't find any of the music sheets and stuff he mentions users are supposed to have access to.
Hopefully the site admins will help me out with that small issue; the videos with James Hill are a real treat I must say.

I was doing the usual flip-flops with settings and browsers then decided to look under the hood and inspected the site with dev tools. What I found was an error message that their end was refusing the connection from my device when attempting to access the video stream. I could access what I had viewed but nothing after. The videos are all streaming in little hls packets so it's harder to download or whatever. Plus, they can throw up error codes and prevent the rest of the stream which I think that's what happened for me.
As a pretty hardcore privacy wonk I use a vpn and hardened browsers for privacy. Inspecting the website code made me try the site without the vpn and it seems to have solved the problem.
I still can't find any of the music sheets and stuff he mentions users are supposed to have access to.
Hopefully the site admins will help me out with that small issue; the videos with James Hill are a real treat I must say.

Their customer support is usually excellent.

For the sheet music: expand the score to full screen (the line drawing of an empty square), then press or click the 3 dots on the bottom right hand side; print (which enables you to download the pdf also) is one of the options.

Careful not to touch the 'transpose' slider just above it!

(Just printed out some sheets from Ukulele Way today;) )

For the sheet music: expand the score to full screen (the line drawing of an empty square), then press or click the 3 dots on the bottom right hand side; print (which enables you to download the pdf also) is one of the options.
But you have to be in a desktop environment for it to work. I seem to remember it doesn't work in a mobile environment.

Their customer support is usually excellent.

Careful not to touch the 'transpose' slider just above it!

(Just printed out some sheets from Ukulele Way today;) )
There's no score to expand or three dots or pdf or anything. It's the video and a bunch of empty spaces with soundsplice links that won't open. I think when I signed up the site didn't link my user account to the soundsplice server or something like that so I can't access the music.
Hopefully they'll respond and sort it out.

I remember the pdf download links being like right on the page for each lesson, too.
It's really frustrating I can't access that stuff because then I can study the lessons offline.

But you have to be in a desktop environment for it to work. I seem to remember it doesn't work in a mobile environment.

Works fine on my (3 year old) Android tablet - I haven't had a functioning computer for several years now ;)

Edit: using Brave browser, haven't tried it with others

There's no score to expand or three dots or pdf or anything. It's the video and a bunch of empty spaces with soundsplice links that won't open. I think when I signed up the site didn't link my user account to the soundsplice server or something like that so I can't access the music.
Hopefully they'll respond and sort it out.

Hmm, that does sound like the page is not loading properly.

What I see is James' video, and a bit underneath that a score (staff and tab) with a 'play' button.

Tried sending you a pm (well, tried starting a 'private conversation', which I think is the same thing?), but I get a message I am not allowed to, for some reason

I get a message I am not allowed to, for some reason
Can you try starting a private conversation (using that "Start Private Conversation" at the bottom of my reply) with me and if you get the same message, would you be able to do a screenshot and start an issue here reporting it?

Tried sending you a pm (well, tried starting a 'private conversation', which I think is the same thing?), but I get a message I am not allowed to, for some reason
Oh sorry, I don't know why it wouldn't allow pm's, must be a setting I turned off when I first signed up. I just changed the settings hopefully that will fix that error.

Top Bottom