SOLD: SUPER RARE Custom 1968 Kamaka Ohta-San Concert Ukulele - SIGNED LABEL

DanY

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is a super rare vintage 1968 custom Kamaka Ohta-San Concert ukulele. For any Kamaka ukulele enthusiast, this is THE collector's item. The inside label is SIGNED by Samuel Kamaka Jr, whom unfortunately passed away this year at the age of 99 on March 15, 2022.

This instrument has been restored and refinished with a new top, reglued back, neck, fingerboard, bridge, binding soundhole, and purfling directly from Kamaka Ukulele in Hawaii. Please see the 3rd image with the invoice from Kamaka showing the restoration costs plus shipping was $623.81 alone.

Instrument is in great shape, please see pictures. It is an excellent show piece for any ukulele collection.

For reference, here are similar vintage Kamaka Ohta-San in the Ukulele Friend archive:
Item does NOT have an original case, but I will package it very well in the case shown in the pictures. Local pickup is available in Southern California.

Selling on Reverb for $XXXX + $70 shipping. Selling for $XXXX + $70 shipping to UU members

Thank you!

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hello all,

This is a super rare vintage 1968 custom Kamaka Ohta-San Concert ukulele. For any Kamaka ukulele enthusiast, this is THE collector's item. The inside label is SIGNED by Samuel Kamaka Jr, whom unfortunately passed away this year at the age of 99 on March 15, 2022.

This instrument has been restored and refinished with a new top, reglued back, neck, fingerboard, bridge, binding soundhole, and purfling directly from Kamaka Ukulele in Hawaii. Please see the 3rd image with the invoice from Kamaka showing the restoration costs plus shipping was $623.81 alone.

Instrument is in great shape, please see pictures. It is an excellent show piece for any ukulele collection.

For reference, here are similar vintage Kamaka Ohta-San in the Ukulele Friend archive:
Item does NOT have an original case, but I will package it very well in the case shown in the pictures. Local pickup is available in Southern California.

Selling on Reverb for $2200 + $70 shipping. Selling for $2000 + $70 shipping to UU members

Thank you!
Boy that's beautiful. Good luck with the sale and I hope the next owner treats it as well as you obviously have!

Hello all,

Selling on Reverb for $2200 + $70 shipping. Selling for $1800 + $70 shipping to UU members

Thank you!
You got me. Nice click bait.

Top Bottom