Just signed up for UU+, Feeling Enthusiastic!

JimQPublic

Reaction score
I'm very excited by the combination of resources on Ukulele Underground plus (The Ultimate Online Ukulele Lessons Experience, not these forums hosted on the same site)

I really like the conversational style of Aldrine's UU podcast and live/recorded Friday sessions. I learn well by asking questions or listening to other people's questions and the answers. This seems to work better for me than the other sites I've tried through Patreon like Cynthia Lin, Bernadette Teaches Music, and Ukulele Zen- though I'll probably keep my subscriptions there too.

So far I've only done a couple-
  • The "Deconstructing Chord Melodies" was great- really more what is a Chord Melody with two great, very simple examples. He said that "Row Row Row Your Boat" is the perfect example and was 100% correct.
  • Currently working on "Autumn Leaves". It's a favorite of mine and I really want to play it well.
  • The included Zoom lessons with Aldrine are great. I did my first and used the time to ask how he suggests I use the site. He gave me three challenges and a lot of encouragement. Fifteen minutes isn't much but along with all the content on the site it should be sufficient.
  • Friday live events look great. I've caught some of the replays of Live Coaching, Aloha City Jam, and UU Podcast Live. I'll have to make sure to wrap up work early for these 1:00 HST events. (Thankfully I'm only 2-3 hours later, not 11 like in central Europe)
  • Whiteboard Requests. Such clear explanations for someone with no musical background.

I bought my first ukulele 3 years ago and quickly bought 3 more.
Plenty of time and gear to become a halfway decent player, right?
Unfortunately due to a couple good excuses and a few lame ones, no. (Mostly having no musical background; not practicing; practicing poorly)
Still haven't played a song all the way through and thought it was music.

If you like chord melody I would encourage you to check out James Hill’s The Ukulele Way also

Top Bottom