Season 634 - Love Your Larynx!

Sorry for doing two songs in a row, but here's a song I just couldn't resist.

Here's an international collab with @Yukio (Switzerland) on vocals & Ken Eckert (Korea) on electric ukulele...And myself playing electric ukes, guitar, bass, synth & string synthesizer.

Wear 🎧 to get the full effect. I have some guitars and strings panned left and right, as well as some synth sweeping from one side to the other.

Oh, and did I mention that I green screened my fretboard? It might be one of the stupidest things I've ever done, but I haven't used a green screen since I was a TV production major in school, so I bought $5 worth of painters tape.

Musically, I'm revisiting Yukio & I's cover from March of last year. I felt like I've gotten better as a musician since then and wanted to try my hand at it again to see if I could hear a meaningful difference.

Last edited:
I actually never intended to do this. The song came to me this morning and I was just playing it to myself - rather than working out how to remedy the problem I have with the new lawnmower - when I realised that the lyric, "sing an American tune" in the last verse meant that it could be included this week. I feel rather guilty singing it at all, since I am European, not American, but the events currently occurring could have repercussions across the World, wherever you might be. (Apparently, Paul Simon said in a 2011 interview that, although he didn't write overtly political songs, "American Tune" came the closest to being one since it was written around the time Nixon came to power.)

Last edited:
Cheer's for hosting this one Delboy. I was going to attempt some 'phlegm'enco but as I'm late doors to the party I've gone for something a bit more easier to cough up.

Last edited:
Here is an unusual song by Loudon Wainwright “Screaming Issue.” The title is obvious but there is crying in the lyrics as well. I have always found this song disturbing and sublime at the same time with its unique stilted pacing and how the chords interplay with the melody. There isn’t another song like it.

Performed live at the Seasonista Open Mic Get together...

I did two things today that I’ve never done before. Firstly, I met up in real life with another Seasonista. And secondly, I recorded a Seasons video (with the aforementioned Seasonista) in the open air. Charldene @charldene and her charming hubby Scott are in London for a few days, and they travelled down to Kent to meet me in the beautiful and historic city of Canterbury. We had a wonderful afternoon eating, chatting and making music!

My voice isn’t back to full strength, especially at the higher end of my range - thankfully Charldene more than compensated for my shortcomings! Worth sticking with it to the end for the grand finale! 😆

We also did this one - although it doesn’t qualify as a Seasons entry (and won’t make the playlist), it just seems appropriate to post here too. And I’m the host so I can bend the rules a bit! 😆

Here is an unusual song by Loudon Wainwright “Screaming Issue.” The title is obvious but there is crying in the lyrics as well. I have always found this song disturbing and sublime at the same time with its unique stilted pacing and how the chords interplay with the melody. There isn’t another song like it.

• Lucy Wainwright Roche is the daughter of singer-songwriters Loudon Wainwright III and Suzzy Roche. This was written by her father and his wife's sister Terre Roche of The Roches about her.

Wainwright Roche told The Sun the story of the song: "I was born on December 16 and I was very unhappy baby who cried a lot. The story goes that on the rainy New Years Eve of that year, my dad and my aunt Terre wrote 'Screaming Issue' about me why I cried and cried."

Morning folks! I’ve fallen a bit behind with my listening/commenting duties. I’ll be back this evening to catch up with everything - your patience is appreciated! :)

Top Bottom