Season 110 of the Ukulele: Art and Artists!

When I loaded the new os for my mac it changed my iMovie videos from .mov to mp4 and downloading takes forever with that format.
I looked for a converter which I downloaded for my Mac to change my vids from a mp4 to .mov which speeds up the time for downloading.
its called 'wontube video converter.'
does that help?
You could get mpeg streamclip and use that to convert to a lighter mp4 format or a mov if you want that.

This could become this Season's dark horse theme song - when UkeyDave put out his appeal for a number to cover, this was the one I suggested for him - not the David Gates version though. I want to hear his Telly Savalas :) (If I did it, it would be too obvious :D )

i'm on it. Watch this space. ;-)

I've got my browser set to clear cookies every time I close it. So every time that I click on a link to YT, I'm presented with a dialog box asking me with what 'persona' do I wish to login. You might find it a bit of a faff, but it might still be worth giving it try.

Great choice of song btw, and need I say more about its performance?

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul. Funnily enough, it logged me in as TootlinGeoff today.

Thanks for the comment too. I didn't feel this was one of my best. There were one or two iffy moments in it but it wasn't going to improve with umpteen more takes so I just accepted it as it was.

This is 'Toulouse Lautrec' by Saskia and Serge {click to see the link of their video}, a couple from the Netherlands who started singing according to wiki around 1969.

Last edited:
OK, I chose "Art Lover" by the Kinks. The original is actually quite creepy and "wrong" and is from a male perspective. So I tweaked it to be from more of the female perspective. And a liiiitttle less creepy! Though still creepy! Just like I like it! Hehe!

It is about art appreciation! It can be found anywhere... even... in the park!

It also mentions Degas Ballerinas.

Sorry for the bad video and audio quality. I was hoping my new camera was going to be in today, but alas it will be here on Monday. It is a Zoom Q4 and will make it a lot easier for me to enter the seasons in the future.

Thanks Rich! I had a lot of fun with this!

Last edited:
OK, I chose "Art Lover" by the Kinks. The original is actually quite creepy and from a male perspective. So I tweaked it to be from more of the female perspective. Hehe!
It also mentions Degas Ballerinas. Sorry for the bad video and audio quality. I was hoping my new camera was going to be in today, but alas it will be here on Monday. It is a Zoom Q4 and will make it a lot easier for me to enter the seasons in the future.

Oh, I have been hoping for a couple of days that some one would do this great song. (I would have, but you are right, that would have been way creepy). Great version, and certainly less creepy than the original.

OK, I chose "Art Lover" by the Kinks. The original is actually quite creepy and "wrong" and is from a male perspective. So I tweaked it to be from more of the female perspective. And a liiiitttle less creepy! Though still creepy! Just like I like it! Hehe!

Sorry for the bad video and audio quality. I was hoping my new camera was going to be in today, but alas it will be here on Monday. It is a Zoom Q4 and will make it a lot easier for me to enter the seasons in the future.

OMG HOW FREAKING CUTE ARE YOU!?!?!

Also...not really less creepy from the female side haha.

I missed that Eugene's "Wainright" season #67. I joined the seasons at #85 for Motown just around the same time youcan1 :) did.

I did not realize that! To me, everyone who's been around since I started are the elders ... I figured you all had been here since dinosaurs roamed the Seasons. I actually beat you by a week then - I started in #84. When did you start playing, Linda?

Re Loudons, I'm thinking we should do a Season where you have to do a song by an artist who shares a name with you. Or with your name in the title or lyrics. (I could do "Born to Run".)

Or a place you live or have lived. I just wrote a New Jersey song today. (Based on a Texas song.) Now I just need a Season for it.

That was delightful, Mim! Thank you so much for contributing this week. The video and audio quality you apologize for is ten times better than anything I've ever accomplished!

Thanks for the comment too. I didn't feel this was one of my best. There were one or two iffy moments in it but it wasn't going to improve with umpteen more takes so I just accepted it as it was.

The thing is, the Seasons are pushing us all forward. What's iffy to us today, we'd have only dreamt of accomplishing just a few months back. You heard 'em (the iffy bits). I didn't :)

fun fact of the day, brought to you by the letter 'G'

Before we wave this fine Season its fond adieu, let me leave you with a final fun fact about the Dutch 'G'.

It was a Flemish scientist, J.B van Helmont, who 1st discovered that the atmosphere consisted of more than one... one.... one..., well what to call all this different stuff all mixed together so chaotically?

Wait a second, he thought to himself. 'Chaos' (from Gk χάος (pron. khaos)!! That's it! That Greek chi (χ), sounds almost exactly like our Dutch 'g'! I'll call this stuff 'gas'!

And that's why we say the atmosphere is a mixture of different 'gases' - it's a word invented in the 17th century by a Flemish scientist, designed to sound like the nearest thing to 'chaos' he could think of; in an attempt to convey the total mixing of the different molecules floating around in the atmosphere!

And that's today's fun fact, brought to you by the letter 'G' (with the assistance of the letter χ )!! :)

Bonus fun fact: Van Gogh's house in Stockwell, London SW9

Last edited:
Another entry from me. Here is my effort at the Telly Savalis version of IF as suggested by Redpaul. A bit rushed and I've also added a bit of Weegingayin type echo effect for good measure. Sorry I didn't have time to include some photography of mine so you'll just have to put up with my ugly mug instead. ;-)

Last edited:
Before we wave this fine Season its fond adieu, let me leave you with a final fun fact about the Dutch 'G'.

It was a Flemish scientist, J.B van Helmont, who 1st discovered that the atmosphere consisted of more than one... one.... one..., well what to call all this different stuff all mixed together so chaotically?

Wait a second, he thought to himself. 'Chaos' (from Gk χάος (pron. khaos)!! That's it! That Greek chi (χ), sounds almost exactly like our Dutch 'g'! I'll call this stuff 'gas'!

And that's why we say the atmosphere is a mixture of different 'gases' - it's a word invented in the 17th century by a Flemish scientist, designed to sound like the nearest thing to 'chaos' he could think of; in an attempt to convey the total mixing of the different molecules floating around in the atmosphere!

And that's today's fun fact, brought to you by the letter 'G' (with the assistance of the letter χ )!! :)

That is totally awesome. I learnt many such fun facts in science class, but never heard this one. He also invented the word "blas" (motion), which was less successful. Fascinating.

Just a few hours left, folks, but still plenty of time to get in your last-minute entries. It's been a wonderful Season so far, but there's always room for more!

John Malkovich has a two year old temper tantrum and does modern art

I remember seeing John Malkovich throwing himself on the ground
and beating it with his fists, whilst kicking his legs in the air.
It sort of reminded me of my kids at the checkout of the supermarket,
when I would not buy them any sweets.

So here is a Malkovich layer on top of BEVOMU & PeeWee excellent collab.
It is just aggressive sonic noise, consider it punctuation with phaser.
Perhaps it works best with the amp turned up to 11 and headphones on
Otherwise you wont that that madness train running through your head.
It is unlisted cos I might regret it tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm so excited! My friend Cecilia joined me this week, making her video (and Seasons) debut. She is (like me) shy and retiring ... and is considering picking up a uke ... so please encourage her!

Here's a song about a kind of art I don't think we've heard from yet - a wonderful song by Kristin Andreassen about, well, color.

You're the Top

This song is not really about art, but it does mention the Louvre Museum, the Mona Lisa, and the National Gallery in the two verses that I did. Other verses mention Whistler’s mama, Botticelli, and an old Dutch Master.

Jessica, my wife, loves art rock. Her favorite band is the NYC noise/art/punk band, Sonic Youth. SY wrote and recorded a song about artist Helen Lundeberg. (If you're not familiar with Lundeberg's work, please check it out.) Here's a not-as-noisy ukulele version...

The first song that came to my mind for this (super cool) challenge is a Clash song with last verse rapped by NYC graphitti artist, Futura 2000...

Top Bottom