POLL: Favorite Non-Hawaiian Brand of Uke

Not mentioned yet:

Mya-Moe

Enya

I don't think Hawaiian named ukes made somewhere else should count. Like slapping a Ferrari emblem on a Corvette.

That eliminates my 3 Lanikais and Hilo, both Chinese. Leaves my Vineyard, and Gold Tone resonator and banjo ukes.

Brueko. I have 3, all bought here.

I don't have a favourite brand of volume manufacturer but I have owned at least seven Ohanas, over the years, and have been very satisfied with all of them.

I can’t choose one, but I’m waiting for someone to write “Mahalo” or “Diamond Head.” :)
I have a Mahalo which has been mine for about twenty years. I am very fond of it but my 'favourite' brand of very inexpensive ukes would have to be Aiersi. I have bought five of their HPL 'cheapies' (direct from China) and they were all very decent instruments.

Fun thread!

For builders, I don't think I've seen Kinnard listed yet. I love mine thin-line!

For production brands, here's another vote for aNueNue. Their latest lattice braced model sounds SO good!! They had a prototype at the LA Uke Fest and everyone wanted to buy it, even though it wasn't for sale yet.

It'd be cool to take the brands folks noted and turn this thread into a poll so we can see numbers. Or is that just the nerd in me?!

big K on the peghead but made in Texas...Kelali ... I've got some I like more, some I like less but... huge bang for the buck. One of the best buys out there.

It'd be cool to take the brands folks noted and turn this thread into a poll so we can see numbers. Or is that just the nerd in me?!
I might be able to... but everyone would have to cast their vote, I don't think I could fake that (not sure, haven't tried) to get us to the current point.

For a current production ukulele it would be Pono. No longer currently made would be Collings.........I shouldn't have sold the one I had.

Fun thread!

For builders, I don't think I've seen Kinnard listed yet. I love mine thin-line!

For production brands, here's another vote for aNueNue. Their latest lattice braced model sounds SO good!! They had a prototype at the LA Uke Fest and everyone wanted to buy it, even though it wasn't for sale yet.

Unfortunately, that would be close to impossible. After just three pages, I have over two dozen brands listed. I will soon end this and post totals for each brand.

Top Bottom