Please, somebody buy this

Interesting. The Cocobolo is certainly slightly shorter, maybe a centimetre shorter which is almost half an inch. Might that Cocobolo be an older model whose scale length is closer to a standard concert, or something like that? Certainly doesn't look like the newer Cocobolo concerts I've seen recently.
Yes the cocobolo is about 1cm shorter. It’s a 2020 model but with a bit of add on for the rosette.

Yet another reason not to get married: No one can pressure you out of that ukulele you wanted to buy.

Not that I was ever going to, I can just about be bothered to wash my own socks, let alone a husband's.
The day my wife washes my socks!?

Oops! She did wash my socks today with some of her socks. I folded all of them though...

The day my wife washes my socks!?

Oops! She did wash my socks today with some of her socks. I folded all of them though...
To be honest I just get a kick out of being rude about marriage because people often try and peer-pressure me into it. They insist I'll totally change my mind and be ALOOOOONE! with CATS! and I'll desperately wish I had a husband and 2.1 kids.

I admit that I should maybe tone it down.

To be honest I just get a kick out of being rude about marriage because people often try and peer-pressure me into it. They insist I'll totally change my mind and be ALOOOOONE! with CATS! and I'll desperately wish I had a husband and 2.1 kids.

Why is living alone with cats a bad thing? That sounds pretty awesome to me.

Not saying that I'm unhappy with my arrangements: I'm pretty darn smug about it, actually.

I remember when we were first married, mostly (but not only) the older generation strongly suggesting/hinting/constantly enquiring about potential progeny. I really want to emphasize: don't do that, people. There are many, many reasons why someone may a) choose not to have kids, b) be unable to have kids, or c) be trying really hard and not succeeding in having kids, and it's just so incredibly insensitive, painful and cruel to even bring it up when you have no idea of that person's scenario.

OK - completely off topic. Back to the intention of this thread:

All the Marketplace ukes, peeps! Go check those out!!

Why is living alone with cats a bad thing? That sounds pretty awesome to me.

Not saying that I'm unhappy with my arrangements: I'm pretty darn smug about it, actually.

I remember when we were first married, mostly (but not only) the older generation strongly suggesting/hinting/constantly enquiring about potential progeny. I really want to emphasize: don't do that, people. There are many, many reasons why someone may a) choose not to have kids, b) be unable to have kids, or c) be trying really hard and not succeeding in having kids, and it's just so incredibly insensitive, painful and cruel to even bring it up when you have no idea of that person's scenario.

OK - completely off topic. Back to the intention of this thread:

All the Marketplace ukes, peeps! Go check those out!!
For me what drives me nuts is when it comes up somewhere inappropriate. If I'm in a gas station buying a can of Red Bull, I'm there to get a can of Red Bull, NOT to receive comments on the surface piercing on my lower abdomen and how I'll totally 'take it out when I have a baby'.

No worries.

My wife doesn't normally wash anything of mine & visa versa. I use free & clear soap and she uses scented. I use cotton setting, she does delicate.

She's still working, I'm retired. So, I do most of the housework.

Marriage does change your life. Mostly for the better, sometimes not so much. Finding a partner to share your life is a challenge. Finding a relationship built on love, trust and respect is harder still.

It took two previous marriages for me. Before my wife and I found each other online—25 years ago! She was in Memphis, I was in NY. Neither of us was looking for a serious relationship.

Last edited:
Who ended up with this the William King tenor? No one posted it before the auction ended last night so I figured someone here was looking, i was interested but gave up when it quickly got outta my price point:

Wow... just found this thread!
I had been looking for used William King tenors for years; this is the first I've heard of... and Goodwill? holy cow.
A 12 frets to body tenor, 2006, in excellent condition. Whoever got it has joined the angelic choir for sure, and great price.

No worries.

My wife doesn't normally wash anything of mine & visa versa. I use free & clear soap and she uses scented. I use cotton setting, she does delicate.

She's still working, I'm retired. So, I do most of the housework.

Marriage does change your life. Mostly for the better, sometimes not so much. Finding a partner to share your life is a challenge. Finding a relationship built on love, trust and respect is harder still.

It took two previous marriages for me. Before my wife and I found each other online—25 years ago! She was in Memphis, I was in NY. Neither of us was looking for a serious relationship.
Oops I see I've opened a can of worms.

I honestly don't want one at all even if it changes my life for the better because even wonderful healthy relationships are hard on my introversion. They're still people time.

I realize I could have chosen to just not make a flippant comment. I just enjoy being openly anti marriage because after the umpteenth but you'll regret it! Feminism is brainwashing women! You'll be ALOooOOOoOOOne! with CATS!!!!! I build up annoyance and then end up carrying it around with me. I admit I should tone it down.

Side note: what do all these tradcons have against cats? I love cats. Owned 8 in my life, unsure if I want more because I'm not tough like I used to be and cleaning up puke makes me puke. But I do love my warm furry sentient plushies.

Marriage does change your life. Mostly for the better, sometimes not so much.
😁 sometimes the not so much can feel like a lot, but I try to concentrate on the mostly for the better part.
It took two previous marriages for me. Before my wife and I found each other online—25 years ago!
Trying to recall the interwebs from 25yrs ago. Dial up? Definitely no smart phones or dating apps. AOL CDs with free trials.

I can hear the login sound of spotty connectivity now!

😁 sometimes the not so much can feel like a lot, but I try to concentrate on the mostly for the better part.

Trying to recall the interwebs from 25yrs ago. Dial up? Definitely no smart phones or dating apps. AOL CDs with free trials.

I can hear the login sound of spotty connectivity now!
Oh wow I forgot about the AOL Cd's....

I bought a CD from TUS here on island. Got into my rental car only to find that it didn't have a CD player! I was flabbergasted.

As I wrote this, I realize kids who don't know what a CD is probably also don't use the word "flabbergasted." 😅
OK since we're completely off topic - I remember when I first got into a car that had a tape deck not just a radio. Mind. Blown. I had a similar reaction to my first onboard CD player. I'm easily amazed.

That made me laugh! :D
I've heard two theories of the 2.1 kids. Theory one is that they are like pancakes, you throw the first one away. Theory two is that the second child is the tough one. In either case, the .1 child is never much trouble.

My own take is that children are a long term investment in grandchildren. We hit the jackpot. And back to the topic of the thread, UAS is how we intend to become a burden to our children. We're getting the year off to a good start.

I "want" ... Sigh... one of these days. Corey says "it's worth every penny".

It sounds so good! I'm learning his version of E Ku'u Morning Dew right now!!! 🥰 the whole episode of the podcast had me floating!!

Lovely koa on this Kamaka baritone.

Edit to add: Oops, it sold already. But it’s still lovely koa.

Last edited:
The secret to a respectful marriage is doing your own laundry!

I told my SO that I wasn't going to buy any more ukuleles for a year (except for any cheepies that I buy for school students) and that I had all I needed...

What I forgot was that I had ordered an 8 string Bruce Wei tenor around Thanksgiving week that was arriving from England and took weeks to get here. Just slipped my mind.

So- It arrived yesterday. "Box that looks like a ukulele here just arrived" she said while giving me a dirty look.

She couldn't help but say: "That doesn't look like a student size ukulele..."

I didn't comment... just opened it up, tuned (which took a while) and started playing. It sounds glorious!

I think it sounded so good that it squelched any comment...

Full disclosure: We also have 2.1 children and 2.1 cats...

Last edited:

Holy smokes that's some insane maple!

Close your eyes and tell me this doesn't sound as good - for this musical piece at least - as a ukulele priced almost 10 times as much. Is this the power of the player and/or a really good travel uke?

Top Bottom