Crazy cold

The weather is getting outta control here in Kansas! Wind gust up to 26 mph and wind chills of -23 below zero. burrrrrrrrr!

Dang! I hate when it's colder somewhere else than where I live.. Means I can't complain as much. There's always someone else who is in a worse condition. It's only 8 here. Heat wave, huh? Stay warm Papa D.

become a summer chaser (i.e. summer in southern hemisphere, then summer in the northern hemisphere) if you don't like it ;)

it's an average of 20 degrees centigrade (68f) where I am at the mo, and that's very mild. Adelaide in Aussie is apparently going to 39c (102f) tomorrow. State-side, even Hawaii is looking good this time of year :)

become a summer chaser (i.e. summer in southern hemisphere, then summer in the northern hemisphere) if you don't like it ;)

it's an average of 20 degrees centigrade (68f) where I am at the mo, and that's very mild. Adelaide in Aussie is apparently going to 39c (102f) tomorrow. State-side, even Hawaii is looking good this time of year :)

I don't know about Papa D., but my job doesn't move south because of the weather. Dang! Otherwise, sounds like a perfect plan.

It is not so much the cold, it's that dang wind. It was pretty cold where I am last weekend but that wind made it unbearable to be outside. I wish we had some snow.

Cold? Cold? Here in the UK it has been under 0c for some time. Even as low as -18c. The country has nearly ground to a halt and there is a national grit shortage.
Alas, not snowy enough for me to ring in, take a holiday and play my ukulele all day.

Wouldn't that be the life? That sound's like a great plan. However I still gotta work.

Cold? Cold? Here in the UK it has been under 0c for some time. Even as low as -18c. The country has nearly ground to a halt and there is a national grit shortage.
Alas, not snowy enough for me to ring in, take a holiday and play my ukulele all day.

Humm? Take a holiday, stay in and play me 'ukulele all day. That sound's like a great plan too. I think i'm going to have to rough it out with -22 degree wind chills and blowing snow until the weekend. But until noon it's me the uke, hot coffee and you guy's. Stay warm out there for those of us who have to and those of us who are enjoying the mild weather.... I'm so jealous! Have fun!

Yeah, it only got to 75 degrees here yesterday. I almost had to break out the long pants. And we're expecting possible showers on Tuesday. Do I own an umbrella? (Sorry kids, sometimes I can't help but gloat.)

Yeah, it only got to 75 degrees here yesterday. I almost had to break out the long pants. And we're expecting possible showers on Tuesday. Do I own an umbrella? (Sorry kids, sometimes I can't help but gloat.)

Quit gloating. Sally.

Yep -- still 8 degrees here. It's slipperier than I don't know what. Just enough snow -- 3 inches -- to screw up everything. To all you people who want snow: Come and get it. Take it far, far away. PLEASE!

Well it happened for me, the roads were too dangerous for me to go into work today. So nothing to do except drink copious amounts of tea and play my ukulele.

It's so cold here........I saw a chicken walking down the street with a capon.

Global warming EH? .I spent 900.$ for snow tires and wheels for my van,and tuned up my new snow blower from last year and guess what. I used the snow blower 3 times ,and we are driving on dry pavement. I live on the water front between the smallest province of Canada which is Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick we have 20 miles of open salt water that usually is frozen over ,and today we have a bit of ice up to 50 feet from shore and the rest is open water.ah well as we say in the maritimes "stick around a bit and the weather will change" Winter ain't over yet.Right now we are enjoying this balmy weather between 30 and 32 degrees F

Ah, it's good to be Norwegian. To be able to laugh at the world when it stops because of a couple of centimeters of snow. No just kidding. Almost impossible to live here in Oslo now as well. But it's pretty, and I can ride the metro to the top of Frognerseteren, the 1952 olympics bobsleigh course, ride 1.5 kilometers down on a sledge and take the metro to the top again!

I absolutely love cold weather, so I've been ecstatic about this unconventionally cold/snowy winter. For serious. I'd be the first person to lose a nose to frostbite.

...I think this is the reason why I have so much trouble getting proper medical insurance.

Top Bottom