Getting Hadean bass uke mod crazy.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Aa some of you may know, I'm strong with GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). Before I decided to use only RondoMusic Hadean violin/Hofner bass ukes, I had various short scale guitars converted to mini bass guitars. When I saw the Rickenbacker 325 22.75" scale Fire Glo reissue a few years ago, I wanted to convert it, but at $3400, it was out of the question. I checked AliExpress for Chinese knockoffs and found one for $225 and had it converted by my go to place, Eric's Guitar Shop, which came out great.

Selling it to focus on only Hadean violin/Hofner style bass ukes, I kind of missed the look of the Ric mini bass. Well, I decided to put together a mock up of a Hadean to see if I like the Ric look on a Hofner style. It came together, but I keep questioning if I'm pushing the envelope too much compared to my other more mild mods (I'm even thinking of adding three fake pickups).

Hadean Ric fakes.jpg

Bass Collection 14.jpg

Honestly? The single f-hole doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Nor do the fake pickups. A real 2nd pickup at the neck might make sense though

Honestly? The single f-hole doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Nor do the fake pickups. A real 2nd pickup at the neck might make sense though
The single ƒ hole is a match to the Ric 325, but the more feedback like this I get, the less I'm thinking of doing it. I wouldn't add another pickup since the flatwound nylon core would not work well.

Last edited:
I decided not to do the Ric fake. Instead, I'm going to have it done with a brown cacao like burst.

Hadean Cocao.jpg

Top Bottom