Post crazy colored ukuleles here.

Voran

Reaction score
This one is so beautiful I get an adrenaline rush just looking at it...but I really need to save money so I'll stick to looking at google images of it LOL.

I saw a neon green one somewhere too but I can't remember details. Go ahead and post yours.

Because you asked….
1706317092771.jpeg
1706317127403.jpeg
EDIT- And, in case you were wondering, those are two sides of my one and only, DIY kit soprano uke, Yowling Tom. The back of the neck is a tri-county variable banded ukulele snake that has shed at least two layers of skin to enhance my ease of movement along the fingerboard. Fretboard position dots are bright yellow cat eyes and side dots are also bright yellow.

Tom, full moon over one shoulder, is perched atop the Remo drum head of a discarded five string banjo, my own personal joke. Under Tom’s left paw lies the carcass of an exceedingly unfortunate anole who should have opted for continued camouflage but called attention to himself by deploying his bright red dewlap, unaware that Tom was in full attack crouch far too near the warm windowsill.

Last edited:
I saw a neon green one somewhere too but I can't remember details.
Was it maybe from this post?

Ortega-RUPRIVY-Prism-Series-Tenor-Ukulele.webp

Because you asked….
View attachment 165178
View attachment 165179
EDIT- And, in case you were wondering, those are two sides of my one and only, DIY kit soprano uke, Yowling Tom. The back of the neck is a tri-county variable banded ukulele snake that has shed at least two layers of skin to enhance my ease of movement along the fingerboard. Fretboard position dots are bright yellow cat eyes and side dots are also bright yellow.

Tom, full moon over one shoulder, is perched atop the Remo drum head of a discarded five string banjo, my own personal joke. Under Tom’s left paw lies the carcass of an exceedingly unfortunate anole who should have opted for continued camouflage but called attention to himself by deploying his bright red dewlap, unaware that Tom was in full attack crouch far too near the warm windowsill.
Go on! 😮👂🏽🖐🏽 (<-- does this convey a hand behind the ear?! 😁) I really appreciate you sharing your art and the thoughts behind it. Looking at the rest and I'd to hear about the black cat and armadillo!! If I missed a prior thread, I've been missing out. If this is the first we're hearing about it, I'm glad to be a reader!

Go on! 😮👂🏽🖐🏽 (<-- does this convey a hand behind the ear?! 😁) I really appreciate you sharing your art and the thoughts behind it. Looking at the rest and I'd to hear about the black cat and armadillo!! If I missed a prior thread, I've been missing out. If this is the first we're hearing about it, I'm glad to be a reader!
Happy to expound. However, I’ve posted the pics in such a number of threads during the past 18 mo that - until your kind response - I feared folk had begun viewing me as a pest/ blatant attention seeker.

The cat silhouetted in the full moon is not this uke’s original headstock art. I repainted it last year because I’d almost immediately disliked my original headstock motif which was solid black and poorly mimicked the headstock of a Gibson banjo.

I originally intended the back to be a simple and unadorned image of an armadillo but found myself disappointed that the back side image failed to tie-in / somehow connect with the one in the front, which is a loose copy of the Kenny Hill 1971- copyrighted uke named “Yowl-A-Lele” with Robert Armstrong’s artwork. (Yes, that’s the same RA of R Crumb and His Cheap Suit Serenaders who coined the term “couch potato”, played musical saw in the movie score for, “One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest” and created scenes for low- end Martin Cowboy guitars with images featuring Chris Martin as a cowboy.)

Pardon the short digression. So, to tie the back to the front, I painted the bullet- damaged two- way traffic sign as further defaced by Tom’s having succumbed to his abiding disdain for suffering shared billing with an armadillo. Tom’s unkempt tail is visible as he slinks guiltily away, as are his telltale tracks leading away from the can of blood- red Glidden paint.

And that’s all I got t’ say ‘bout that, other than that, for a uke that was never intended (by the family member who gave it as a gag gift) to become anything but a wall hanger, it really doesn’t sound all that bad:
It’s Only A Paper Moon - Key of G
View attachment IOAPM in G - GCEA tuning.m4a

Last edited:
Famous FU120P I repaired and painted last year as a 30th birthday gift to my fiddle- sawing son.
Luthier & long- time UUF member Bradley Donaldson was kind enough to sell & ship the CNC-cut Grellier- spec mahogany bridge to replace Kiwaya’s original which - in a prior owner’s unsuccessful effort to remedy its pulling away - had been defaced by two comparatively huge wood screws.
1706357911118.jpeg
1706359311255.jpeg
The nautical signal flags near the nut are G and T, a subtle nod to my son’s undergrad Alma Mater, Georgia Tech.

Last edited:
I don't mind ukes with a little color. Here's my Orange Lion, Blue Whale, Blue Mango Pono TE, and a green Donner I recently gave away...

20220822_102502.jpg

20231230_115137.jpg

20210910_215346.jpg

20240115_133813.jpg

Top Bottom