Another JoeyBug Medical Alert

Purple Power to Joeybug!
Best wishes for excellent treatment and a swift recovery!

I miss Joey. Please let her know we miss her and wish her a good recovery. thanks for letting us know how she is doing.

Joey - you are in our thoughts and prayers.

best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Best vibes that I can give have been sent Joey's way. I'm hoping for the best.

God bless you Joey. Please get well soon.
Love, Joe

Plainsong, have you considered setting up a Caring Bridge account for Joey? http://www.caringbridge.org/

It's a way that one person can post updates on her condition and things she's said, and anyone who wishes can check it regularly. It's easy to leave personal messages that way too.

Well not all her friends at UU know about the site, so she'd still want something posted here. She's very sensitive to the fact that some might consider these posts as treating the forum like a livejournal account. On the one hand, she genuinely doesn't know when she'll be online again. On the other, if they treat her quickly and she gets better like in a few days, there's this human nature thing where people actually get dissapointed that it wasn't that serious.

That last bit seems disgusting right? Like you'd never be that way. I saw it happen to Grandpa. When he lived 4 years after his two month limit, "friends" got bored with it. You can't win sometimes. You make the choice to tell people... Whether it's something terminal or not, and it can end up not being as exciting as first promised. But then again, if you say nothing, you're just another forum chump who disappeared.

She wanted people to know what's up. If it seems a bit spammy, then understand that going through it is less fun than reading about it.

She's obviously not at the computer, but I'm pretty sure she can read the well-wishes from her phone, and it really means a lot. Thanks everyone.

Well not all her friends at UU know about the site, so she'd still want something posted here.

Plainsong, you're good to report Joey's information. Here on this thread you could post the link for a Caring Bridge account for her. Caring Bridge is a site that facilitates passing on health information to lots of people. You can post daily medical updates and anyone who wishes to can check them and leave personal messages. It might be slightly more private for Joey that way, yet UU friends could follow her situation by hopping from the Forum post about it to that site.
http://www.caringbridge.org/about

Best wishes for recovery, Joey. I have intimate knowledge of extremely serious illness and I know it's not at all fun.

Wishing the best for Joey. While I don't know her I can appreciate the updates on her and support that her friends wish to send her. Sending my best as well.

Hang tight Joeybug, lots of good energy, love and prayers are converging on you right now from all over the world, mine included.

Thank you so much for the update Plainsong. I read her post on VIP lounge with dread. I lost a close friend to respiratory failure a year ago this month and it was so quick. One evening we were visiting in the hospital and she seemed fine though she was on oxygen. The next evening we were holding her hand when she died in ICU. I'll be sending positive vibes across the Atlantic this week. You tell her she has all of UU thinking of her and sending her our love! Thanks - Mary

Sending cool Oregon breezes to you Joey. Hope they help you breathe.

Very best wishes to Joey for a real improvement soon.

PS: please keep the thread focused on Joey's situation and your good wishes. Healthcare is a minefield subject and exploring it here will only distract from what is currently important.

Thanks, peeps. :)

Good thoughts for you, Joey.

Joey's going in today. The problem is that they've had problems finding a spare bed for her. She could go to another ward, but that can be a pain if it's not absolutely critical. Speaking of absolutely critical, her resp nurse actually made a house call to check on her, herself. Joey's SATS were hovering around 90% WITH oxygen help, so the nurse agrees she's gotta come in. She left the monitor there overnight just in case, but the plan is that she's finally getting admitted later today full stop.

The working hypothesis is that she needs a BI-PAP to breathe for her at night, but obviously she's there to get fully checked out. That's about the best it seems that can be hoped for.

The well-wishes really mean a lot, and while she's not up to sitting at a computer, she's been browsing on her iPhone, and she really appreciates it. Thanks, everyone..

Hey Joey, I see you lurking down there in the thread lurkers box! Get well soon love.

"The problem is they've had problems" <-- Awesome turn of phrase right there. :D

Whilst our NHS is a fantastic thing, it's currently a bit poorly. To the extent that patients will probably soon be sharing beds. My father in law had a stroke 12 months ago and received the best care available anywhere, albeit in a shabby little dump of a hospital to begin with. It has its problems, but our doctors and nurses are the equal of any in the world. And it's free.

Top Bottom