Another JoeyBug Medical Alert

Plainsong

Reaction score
Not too long ago, Joey posted in the VIP lounge that she might not be here too often, for the foreseeable future. I've been talking to her over Skype throughout the weekend, and she is going so downhill so quickly. She's been waiting for a bed so that she can get tested, but it's not going to wait that long. She was set to be tested a week or so ago, but they took her on a Friday and then herp-derped about it being the weekend, and sent her home. Fail.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that she can barely take in enough air to form words. There aren't enough hours in the day for the amount of sleep she needs. She sounded mostly normal on Friday, and this is her state on Monday. It isn't going to wait.

Whatever specific day it is that she actually goes into the hospital (and I personally predict today or tomorrow through the emergency room), she's going to be taking a long leave of absence from UU. She doesn't have the strength to be posting much online, and she won't have the strength again until they can figure out how to make this better.

She asked me to let everyone know, but the commentary is my own. It's not good and it won't be good until she gets the correct treatment. The worst case scenario is that she's going into a slow decline and respiratory failure. I guess the best case would be some infection that didn't go away... I think we can only hope for something in the middle - which is that she needs something stronger than a Cpap machine at night.

In the meantime, Joey asks for your thoughts and/or prayers at this difficult time.

Thanks

Last edited:
Will be sending thoughts Joey's way. Thanks for the update.

Thank you for the update...My prayer for Joey's getting back healthy...

Big love to you Joey xxx

Joey would probably do a spit-take at me saying she sounded normal on Friday. I mean relatively speaking. She hasn't sounded normal for some time, but Friday compared to today, was a huge difference.

Big love to JoeyBug....and this just happened to a friend of mine (she kept "falling"--it was blacking out and finally they realized she wasn't breathing.) She ended up with stents--had a congenital heart defect not detected. Sometimes I despair of our medical system; they saved a friend with a transplant at the last minute (after denying him a place on the list for months) and yet they couldn't figure out what was wrong with my husband, whose feet turned black. He died in his sleep. Turns out he needed breathing assist for undiagnosed ALS.

Will be putting Joey in my prayers. I know other UU'ers will be doing that too.

Aloha Miss K,
Thank you for the update on our friend Joey, I appriciate it so much....I said my prayers for her and sending
my blessings for a quick recovery..Take Care my friend ...your friend, Stan

Sending love and energy from down under, please pass on my regards if possible.

Plainsong, have you considered setting up a Caring Bridge account for Joey? http://www.caringbridge.org/

It's a way that one person can post updates on her condition and things she's said, and anyone who wishes can check it regularly. It's easy to leave personal messages that way too.

Thinking happy thoughts for you, Joey. You're certainly missed on the forum, but please take care and get better and we'll be here when you get back.

((((Joey))))

Prayers and positive thoughts for you, Joey; get well, and rest. We'll miss you. Come back whenever you're ready and able.

Thanks for letting us know, Plainsong.

Thanks for the update Plainsong. I hope she gets the medical attention she needs pronto.

Thanks for the update! I have mild allergy-induced asthma and while it's generally well-controlled, I know from my own experience how quickly respiratory problems can become life-threatening. I don't mean to get political, but what's sad about the way we mete out health care, here and apparently in the UK, is that if Joey were Madonna or Lady Gaga, medical professionals would be falling all over her to diagnose and treat her problem, and the heck with the costs. Joey, I know what it's like to be starved for oxygen and I'm praying for whatever it is you need to make you well again.

Top Bottom