Adding a Tailpiece

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I recently bought a Kala JTE archtop tenor. I'm considering adding a tailpiece to make it look more authentic. I realize that I would have to replace the bridge and deal with the surface under it, but that's okay. Is there any major reason that I shouldn't attempt this?

I recently bought a Kala JTE archtop tenor. I'm considering adding a tailpiece to make it look more authentic. I realize that I would have to replace the bridge and deal with the surface under it, but that's okay. Is there any major reason that I shouldn't attempt this?
Unless you are into DIY you may have difficulty finding components of the correct size.
I suspect most parts of that size will be designed for Mandolins, the floating bridge shaped at the base for archtop, tailpiece only suitable for loop-end metal strings.
Vintage

Unless you are into DIY you may have difficulty finding components of the correct size.
I suspect most parts of that size will be designed for Mandolins, the floating bridge shaped at the base for archtop, tailpiece only suitable for loop-end metal strings.
Vintage
Thanks. That's something to think about. I made a banjo uke with a homemade wooden tailpiece.

Top Bottom