Wear and tear / signs of enthusiastic use?

baconsalad

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Willie Nelson's guitar, Trigger still sounds good and is not mint. How much wear have you put on your most used uke? This is my spruce-topped concert after 6 months.

1683650184274.png

I'd call that an unusual wear pattern. Are you using a pick(plectrum)? If not, then you must be really digging your nails into the top.

I have not seen that wear pattern before on a lute-family instrument. I would consider getting a golpeador (or some sort of protector) fitted to the part of the top that is getting wear.

I'd call that an unusual wear pattern. Are you using a pick(plectrum)? If not, then you must be really digging your nails into the top.
What really drew me to uke initially was the 'chucking' sound of uke tunes - I love the percussive possibilities and mess around with them. I use a string thwap with my thumb for snare drum beat and I think that is major culprit.

What really drew me to uke initially was the 'chucking' sound of uke tunes - I love the percussive possibilities and mess around with them. I use a string thwap with my thumb for snare drum beat and I think that is major culprit.
Looks like you have long or in the least, fingernails that are diggning in when you are tapping or doing a percussive. I use the cling on clear protector similar to: Oasis Guitar Armor, Static Cling Finish Protector OH-12 at Strings by Mail.

I play lead guitar also in a bluegrass band so was getting those same marks you are getting until started using this stuff, there's also another product on the same page three dollars cheaper.

I think most played get some type of wear, depends on the style of play too. I'm always more wary of dings or diverse on the side/edges that would indicate a drop or fall.

Top Bottom