SOTU 589 - Wedding Bells

Wait. Have we really hit Friday with no Five Foot Two? That amazes me. 1917 Blue and old, and we all know it right??

Last edited:
Hi there, thanks Amanda for hosting this week. Wedding Bells. I would like to add "The White Cliffs of Dover" This is a "blue" tune!
A WW2 era song made famouse by Vera Lynn. I have no particular passion for the song, aparts from the fact I vaguely new the words. Actually I was originally going to present "Blue Skies" but couldn't get it quite sounding OK.
I then thought of "White Cliffs" and found some chord sheets and then a Youtube lesson, which was a bit more 'boppy' than the original. By then I'm running out of time, hope this is OK, cheers Paul

Wait. Have we really hit Friday with no Five Foot Two? That amazes me. 1917 Blue and old, and we all know it right??
Kevin did that in post #48 Dave

Last edited:
I once had a friend named Harvey. He had an expression, sort of a personal meme. He'd say... wait a minute... I think I still have the file... I do. This .wav file is 25 years old! This is for Amanda.

Chaulk the previous up to borrowed or new.. Here's my musical contribution for the week. Now, I'm wondering... does it qualify? The song title doesn't include "Blue".. Instead, it's Bluer.
I messed up the video recording, so I needed to replace it. Mandalay, Yangon, Bangkok, Manado, East Kalimantan, Chang Mai and a touch of yellowstone at the very end - the video clips all came from the first week of June, 2012-2023

Few a few weeks ago i thought I was gonna take a break from the seasons and YT but now I am back I am posting my #5 for this season. Amanda, please don't feel you have to comment! I play for my own amusement and enjoyment but it is great to be here with everyone. Thanks a lot for hosting.
Here is a Donovan song for the Something Blue category. In Singlish(Singapore English) we say- just anyhow whack lah! Which means "just do it any way you like!
And I "anyhow whacked" some clawhammer on my guitalele and managed to make it fart whenever I plucked the lowest bass string.
See if you can hear it, if you do watch this.

Oh..his keyoad packed up as I was ediin he illum and now seems o haee yy........no is ucked...mew 1 on order !

Finally had a little time to make videos today. This one is called “All the Good Times are Past and Gone”, and is “something blue”, due to the line “I never would have seen your sparkling blue eyes or heard your lying tongue “ It might be old enough to be “something old” but it might be a few years too young.

This song fulfills “something old”. It’s an American folk song with versions collected as early as 1904. My daughter played baritone uke for this video, but the sun was in her eyes or something and she looked grumpy/angry and wanted me crop her out.

Last edited:
The color of my room actually IS blue. And I will sing, if ya want me to or not. I did over thirty years in a career making TV shows and for that I'm grateful for the gift of Sound and Vision in this David Bowie cover.

Hello! 😊 I did something blue for this week. Song Sung Blue by Neil Diamond. This is a rough take on it with several hiccups in the playing but I settled on it mainly because if I tried even one more time to play it my fingertips might have fallen right off. Haha. 😊 Also, I wanted to get this posted today because there’s one more that I might be able to do tomorrow. 😊 Thanks Amanda! ✨💗🎶

The color of my room actually IS blue. And I will sing, if ya want me to or not. I did over thirty years in a career making TV shows and for that I'm grateful for the gift of Sound and Vision in this David Bowie cover.

WOW!!!!! SPLENDID production, Mark!

"Those blues they sent to meet me won't defeat me."

I wasn't paying attention to the forecast today, so I ended up making my Verandah Jam day 3 video in the rain. I love this great song about not letting the rain get you down ... and it has blue in it, yay! Somehow I keep picking these songs that are just perfect for Verandah Jam and its origins.

Happiness steps up to greet us, rain or shine.

Also I just discovered that BJ Thomas was born exactly 20 years before me.
Which means he was born the same day as another well-known performer who shares most of his last name with me, who I'm less proud to be associated anymore with since he was revealed as maybe not such a great person in the early days of Me Too.

Ooh, I didn't intend to post twice in a row. 😱 That other one was hours ago, but I guess the rest of you are asleep, or working on a Dolly Parton song.

I thought of this song for 590 because I figured it would have "blue" for sure and I could post it here too, right? Wrong! It names exactly zero colors in the song, despite the name.

Lucky for me (and you!), there's another well-known song about a coat of many colors, from a musical about that coat and its wearer. That song does name, you know, a color or two.

So, as I'm occasionally known to do, I spliced a bit of that one in for fun. 🌈

Top Bottom