Post your random pictures

I love 987. When I had my 997 I was lucky to drive 987.1 as friend of mine was willing to change seats with me :)
Then I was seriously considering 987.2 and test drove it few times, but settled on 991.1 GTS.
Now driving my TTS I am very much missing the stick and 718 GTS 4.0 strikes all the points for me. The only reason I did not get it (yet?) is that I need this in the back due to growing gang of the G.kids
View attachment 170814
Yeah, be kinda hard to fit one of those in a Cayman. Maybe when the g-kids are all belt-able? But then your Turbo is much more car.

A GTS 4.0 would be my pick too (if I couldn't have a GT4). Mines a lowly 2.7 981, but at least it's still a 6 cyl manual with X73 susp. I almost bought a 987.2 R instead but thought I should be more "practical".

Yeah, be kinda hard to fit one of those in a Cayman. Maybe when the g-kids are all belt-able? But then your Turbo is much more car.

A GTS 4.0 would be my pick too (if I couldn't have a GT4). Mines a lowly 2.7 981, but at least it's still a 6 cyl manual with X73 susp. I almost bought a 987.2 R instead but thought I should be more "practical".
Nice! And X73 is one nice option to have.
GT4 would be my choice too, if I decided to add it to the stable to track it. But like you suggested I should be more "practical" too :)

Just an airliner flying overhead at about 30,000ft - but the way it is lit by the rising Sun (this morning) is interesting.
Qatar Airways - April '2024.jpg

This rather mundane shot of hostas under a Dortmund antique rose is a “before”. “After” will include huge clusters of true crimson, single- petal blossoms that faithfully begin to open between now and 15 May, AND the “Big Blue” hosta that is currently only barely peeking above its variegated neighbors (only 1 leaf now visible, photo center) but will soon tower over them, further masking the bare lower portions of the Dortmund’s canes.
1713377436778.jpeg
I regret not having the presence of mind to photograph a wonderful example of natural ingenuity & repurposing I happened to witness earlier this week through my kitchen window:
I noticed a female hummingbird hovering at the window. In retrospect, projecting, I first assumed she was somewhat snottily alerting me that the sugar- water feeder was not yet hung. Next thing I noticed was that she seemed to be intent on hovering far too near a spider web.
Thankfully, I continued to watch. It took two more hummer visits to the kitchen window for me to finally comprehend that the tiny, industrious bird was systematically removing sections of the sticky webbing with her long beak & flying away to weave the natural mortar into her billiard- ball- diameter nest.
Within one hour, there was no evidence that the web had ever existed.:eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom