Pizza Anyone? 🍕

Here is a great recipe that is really easy, especially if you do the no knead method. (Vegetarians can feel free to omit pepperoni or substitute mushrooms or other preferred item)

We need a drool "like" option.

That cheesey appley one looks amazing! I used to get a brie & blueberry bagel yonks ago and it was a favourite, I bet this would be right up there in awesome-tude. Sadly, I can't eat cheese at the moment (so much sad about that), and the non-dairy options don't do anything for me, so I'm not really into pizza lately. BUT before that, I adore a Mediterranean version at one of our local pizzarias that has artichoke hearts, pesto base, and lots of feta. For home baked, we make our own ham (and other cured products) and we'd love ham & mozza with herbed dried olives, dried tomatoes and, well, herbs, lol.

That pizza looks fantastic. I make my own as well a few times a month. I just made one last week, but next time, I snap some pics. Just replaced my broken pizza stone too. Can't wait to make a fresh one.

Being lactose intolerant, I can't have anything made from cows milk, so I always use the various cheese substitutes and at times, a touch of goat cheese. I also have elevated blood pressure, so careful about salt too, so I eliminate pepperoni, sausage, etc. I found a few pizzerias that have a plant cheese choice, but often I just buy ready made low sodium pizza crust, use low sodium roasted tomatoes, vegan cheese shreds, lots of basil, garlic, mushrooms, grilled onions, and sautéed ground chicken that I spice up.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 4 thinline acoustic bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Here is a great recipe that is really easy, especially if you do the no knead method. (Vegetarians can feel free to omit pepperoni or substitute mushrooms or other preferred item)

Before I got the pizza oven I did Kenji's
Foolproof Pan Pizza Recipe in cast iron. Delicious, but more dough than is good for me. Now I've been using his Basic Neapolitan Pizza Dough Recipe.

I usually do one pepperoni as a safe bet for the family and one weirdo for me. If it's spicy it's all mine; otherwise it may get shared.

The pesto+apple+brie+gorgonzola was my most successful experiment. I knew the flavors went together in general, but I didn't know how they'd turn out on the pizza. It's now my favorite and going to be repeated next pizza night (slightly delayed, because I ran out of flour. oops).

My typical topping formula is something spicy + something sweet + something salty, with jalapeños + pineapple + kalamatas being my go to order if I'm not sharing.

I can't do spicy, or at least, very mildly so. But I'm all about sweet and savoury and salty combos on pizza, yum.

Thick crust or thin crust?

Looks great, Arcy!! Yum!!

I'm a fan of thin crust. My ideal pizza is thin rust, spicy peppers, one meat, couple veggies, and maybe an herb of some type (basil/oregano/rosemary/etc.). Mmmm. Red sauce and white cheese too, of course!

Kudos to you all who make pizza from scratch. The closest I'll get is buying ready-made dough and other pizza-ready toppings.

Pizza is one of my top favorite foods, and we do make our own at home from time to time. In fact, it’s become our tradition to make pizzas for dinner on Christmas day. Odd, perhaps, but yummy. But no matter the source, my first choice is always a thick whole wheat crust with pesto sauce, chicken, onions, garlic, mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkling of parmesan on top. When we make them at home, we coat the inside of the pans with olive oil and cornmeal, and pre-heat the pans in the oven for a few minutes before adding the crust and toppings. Hubby frequents makes his in a cast iron skillet. Pizza makes my world a better place. :)

Last edited:
So many yummy entries on this thread that I will have to try. Here is my homemade fav - pan style with soppressata, olives and artichoke hearts

Attachments

• 307AAA45-E7CD-43B9-8B6F-8336B20101B7.jpeg
    307AAA45-E7CD-43B9-8B6F-8336B20101B7.jpeg
    695.3 KB · Views: 4
Field Roast makes excellent fake pepperoni if any vegetarians are in need of a decent substitute for the real thing. To keep if from drying out during baking, cover it with cheese, or, what I do, spray it with pam before sliding your pizza in the oven. It works and tastes great.

Thick crust or thin crust?
Yes :)

My favourite is Chicago style tomato casserole (sorry Jon - the slice I had in NYC was not good, though I like the style elsewhere)

I think my heart just stopped thinking about it though. It's a once-a-year-or-two pizza.

Until I got over my fear of shaping the pizza I made pan pizzas (but not Chicago-extravagent), and now I've been doing thin. If I order a pizza it's usually thin with minimal toppings. If my wife orders it it's thick (but not pan) and loaded.

Wow I didn't even know about pan. I mean I've baked it in a cast iron pan before but not THAT thick 🤯

OK. I'll bite :)

I need a good "can't mess it up" home made/raised pizza dough recipe. I have no dietary restrictions.

(Exotic flours and ingredients are not a problem.)

Top Bottom