Oopsie Bread

Mike $

Reaction score
Over the weekend I made two bread mistakes that turned out to be happy accidents. I made pizza dough and decided to make extra so I could make some garlic knots. I had the knots proofing in the oven with a pan of hot water and forgot all about it. I woke up the next morning to what looked like angel food cake in the pyrex pan I use to bake the rolls. Well, it was a waste so I decided to just bunch this up and roll it out and see if the yeast was still active. Sure enough, It rose up in an hour or so and turned into an excellent loaf of Italian bread which tastes great.

Then there was the Naan Bread incident of 2024. I misread "1/4 cup + 2 TBS of milk to say 1 cup + 2 tbs of water. A quick stir told me I did something wrong, so I tried to remedy the situation. I had a bowl of Whey, leftover from making yogurt (which was an ingredient in the Naan) so I thinned out my dough to a thin batter. I remembered there is some Indian pancake type of bread made with rice and semolina, so, I thought I'd cook it like crepes and eat up some Indian food with it. Well, I had it last night and it was fantastic. The garlic and other spices cooked up and flavored the crepes wonderfully.

Make any happy oopsies in the kitchen lately?

Top Bottom