New member from Charlotte

Welcome! I lived in Charlotte for quite a few years......Michigan. Where we pronounce it differently. Char-LOTTE.

Sending a warm hello from chilly Massachusetts :) Now you have piqued my curiosity. What is your new concert uke?

Welcome! I lived in Charlotte for quite a few years......Michigan. Where we pronounce it differently. Char-LOTTE.:)

Sending a warm hello from chilly Massachusetts :) Now you have piqued my curiosity. What is your new concert uke?
My new concert is a Kanilea KPA.
There is a little story there. Two years ago, I was in Denver and had been looking for a Kamaka soprano pineapple, and they had it. They also had a Kanilea concert k12. I played it for a few minutes and was absolutely smitten! But, I decided to stick with the soprano pineapple, since I didn’t have a soprano. I have wanted that concert since then! I decided last week to sell my other concerts (2) and a tenor(1) and get the one I loved! It was a quick decision but I am so excited!

We are actually real people. Concert lover, too.
Welcome Aboard!

Hmm...
Shar-lette, Shar-lot, or Car-lot? I need to know!

Last edited:
My new concert is a Kanilea KPA.
There is a little story there. Two years ago, I was in Denver and had been looking for a Kamaka soprano pineapple, and they had it. They also had a Kanilea concert k12. I played it for a few minutes and was absolutely smitten! But, I decided to stick with the soprano pineapple, since I didn’t have a soprano. I have wanted that concert since then! I decided last week to sell my other concerts (2) and a tenor(1) and get the one I loved! It was a quick decision but I am so excited!
How exciting! The one that got away… I will have to try playing one some time. I’m from Colorado so I get back to Denver often.

How exciting! The one that got away… I will have to try playing one some time. I’m from Colorado so I get back to Denver often.
Denver Folklore is the name of the shop. They have such a history , open since the early 60’s. They mostly sell mandolins, guitars and ukuleles.

Greetings and welcome to get UU forums! So looking forward to hearing more once you have an opportunity to get to know your new lovely concert a bit!

Welcome to UU, Vtjernigan!
How do you like your new uke? I hope you're too much in love to put it down.

Welcome from just across the river in Gastonia! -Keith

Top Bottom