Lost - Where in the @%## is my Oasis humidifier refill kit?!?!

mikelz777

Reaction score
Don't you hate it when you lose something you need? :mad: This is just a rant because I am so annoyed! Several of my Oasis humidifiers need some more of the humigel filling so I figured it was no problem because I have (had) a refill kit. I keep it in my nightstand drawer and when I went to get it, it wasn't there. I checked the other 2 drawers and still couldn't find it. I couldn't imagine where else I might have put it so I emptied the junk from all three drawers piece by piece and still couldn't find it! (Though I did find all 5 of the filler syringes scattered in the drawer.) It wasn't in any of my uke cases and it wasn't where I store all my strings, winder and other assorted accessories. I think I spent over an hour looking for it in and around where it should be. I know I used it last year and would normally put it away right after using it. It's so frustrating because as soon as I buy a replacement it will probably show up!

Getting older? It gets worse. Like if you get the replacements and can't remember ordering them! ... :rolleyes:

Could it have slipped over the back of the drawer and be down in the bottom of the night stand somewhere? I lost a whole sweater this way in my dresser. Probably only possible if the drawer is overstuffed.

Could it have slipped over the back of the drawer and be down in the bottom of the night stand somewhere? I lost a whole sweater this way in my dresser. Probably only possible if the drawer is overstuffed.
I thought of that and tried to check but I couldn't remove the drawers and couldn't reach around the drawer to get to the bottom. It was probably unlikely anyway, the refill kit would have been put deep inside the drawer and not near the top but you never know.

You just forgot that you used all of it last year :)

Don't you hate it when you lose something you need? :mad: This is just a rant because I am so annoyed! Several of my Oasis humidifiers need some more of the humigel filling so I figured it was no problem because I have (had) a refill kit. I keep it in my nightstand drawer and when I went to get it, it wasn't there. I checked the other 2 drawers and still couldn't find it. I couldn't imagine where else I might have put it so I emptied the junk from all three drawers piece by piece and still couldn't find it! (Though I did find all 5 of the filler syringes scattered in the drawer.) It wasn't in any of my uke cases and it wasn't where I store all my strings, winder and other assorted accessories. I think I spent over an hour looking for it in and around where it should be. I know I used it last year and would normally put it away right after using it. It's so frustrating because as soon as I buy a replacement it will probably show up!
In my case, I found the refill crystals, but there is no scoop in the bag. So I have no idea how much to put in the humidifier.

I had finished using up a different bag last week. I remember that I carefully put the scoop somewhere I would be able to find it if I needed it. Now I can't remember where that was. I've looked in all of the usual places. The old smoking stand where I keep my spare strings and humidifiers. (Garage openers as well.) My drawer stand that has a lot of various ukulele items: Pin pullers, strap extenders, beads, electronic tuners, batteries, etc. No joy. No idea where I put it.

Fortunately, I ordered new refill crystals two days ago to winterize my humidifiers. :unsure:

Of course, I find the missing scoop as soon as I receive the new kit. 🙁

Top Bottom