ukulele tribute to music stars we lost in 2023

Great job. Love it!

Really enjoyed the tribute and your arrangement, John. Your multi part harmonizing is fantastic and worth all of your efforts.
It's difficult to believe we are losing so many great artists that we grew up with and your tribute is a wonderful gift.
I thank you once again for sharing your talents with us and wish you and all your family a wonderful holiday season and a happy, healthy new year. ✌️&❤️

Really enjoyed the tribute and your arrangement, John. Your multi part harmonizing is fantastic and worth all of your efforts.
It's difficult to believe we are losing so many great artists that we grew up with and your tribute is a wonderful gift.
I thank you once again for sharing your talents with us and wish you and all your family a wonderful holiday season and a happy, healthy new year. ✌️&❤️
Thanks, Joe! I really appreciate it! I enjoyed working on this project and it was a nice challenge, too. I fear the number of these stars leaving us will increase as the baby boom continues to age. In any case, I wish for you and your family as well a happy holiday season and a great 2024! :)

Am really impressed with the tribute you put together! Must have taken a lot of thought & effort; there were some songs that I felt wouldn't work well on the ukulele but you did. Didn't know that Chaim Topol, Astrud Gilberto & Terry Kirkman passed away this year.

Last edited:
It’s obvious these tribute videos are a labor of love for you, John. And we love you for them. This one brought tears to my eyes. So many losses in one year, but oh, what a marvelous legacy of music they left us. Thank you for helping to keep the legacy alive.

Am really impressed with the tribute you put together! Must have taken a lot of thought & effort; there were some songs that I felt wouldn't work well on the ukulele but you did. Didn't know that Chaim Topol, Astrud Gilberto & Terry Kirkman passed away this year.
Thanks, ampeep! I actually started working on some of the song excerpts in late summer because I knew I wouldn't be able to get this done if I waited until the last couple of weeks in December. I really wanted to give "Helplessly Hoping" by best shot in terms of Crosby, Stills, and Nash's harmony, so I really practiced that one quite a bit. Can't really duplicate their sound, but I tried my best. "If I Were a Rich Man" was fun to work on. Maybe someday I'll try to record the whole song! :)

It’s obvious these tribute videos are a labor of love for you, John. And we love you for them. This one brought tears to my eyes. So many losses in one year, but oh, what a marvelous legacy of music they left us. Thank you for helping to keep the legacy alive.
Thanks, Jan! You're very kind! I like the challenge of doing different kinds of songs and it gives me a chance to say thanks to the artists. Hopefully I can keep this tribute series going. :)

Thank you so much for that wonderful tribute! Gordon Lightfoot, my all time favorite. I'm thinking , how could that be topped. Then you have Roger Whittaker, how can that be topped. Then Terry Kirkman... What a great job you've done!

Thank you so much for that wonderful tribute! Gordon Lightfoot, my all time favorite. I'm thinking , how could that be topped. Then you have Roger Whittaker, how can that be topped. Then Terry Kirkman... What a great job you've done!
Thanks, Ray! I really appreciate it. Yes, Gordon Lightfoot was one of my all-time favorites as well. For me, the passing of Topol was particularly sad, because I love the musical "Fiddler on the Roof" and Topol's portrayal of Tevye. Burt Bacharach composed so many great tunes, that it could have been difficult to choose just one (or two), but in an interview, he said he proudest of "Alfie," so that's the song I went with. :)

Top Bottom