I had a really wonderful thing happen.

Voran

Reaction score
So a very kind Armenian grandmaster gave me a zonking huge discount on a year's worth of skills courses for chess players. I can watch anything I want and do as many puzzles as I want until February of next year. I don't really want to post his name because then half the world would also want privileges and handouts.

I was honestly so shocked I just thought...this must be a scam. There must be either sexual violence or organ harvesting involved in this somewhere. Good things do not happen; kindness does not exist. People are vicious poo-throwing monkeys thinly pretending to have a noble veneer. Surely someone just wanted to harvest my kidneys...somehow...via an internet cable. I don't know how you'd reach down an ethernet wire and slice through my quadratus muscle but that totally must be what someone was after.

Nope. It's real. All the skills courses are open and I can watch them any time I want.

SO grateful.

You’re right to be sceptical, when you can’t see the price of something it’s - almost always - because you’re the product.

On the other hand some people are genuinely charitable and their aim is to give something back to society. Here (on UU) people try to give good comment and advice to others, doing so costs them their time. Members have given instruments to charitable use - I certainly have - and my reward for that is minimal (the pleasure in supporting others and in spreading the joy of Uke).

I hope that you‘re able to take advantage of the offer and that it has been extended to you without hope of any gain.

"People are vicious poo-throwing monkeys" - this is generally true. Enjoy the "free" lessons.

You’re right to be sceptical, when you can’t see the price of something it’s - almost always - because you’re the product.

On the other hand some people are genuinely charitable and their aim is to give something back to society. Here (on UU) people try to give good comment and advice to others, doing so costs them their time. Members have given instruments to charitable use - I certainly have - and my reward for that is minimal (the pleasure in supporting others and in spreading the joy of Uke).

I hope that you‘re able to take advantage of the offer and that it has been extended to you without hope of any gain.
Other than telling me to go win some events no...there was nothing expected back.

Which...yup. I'm quite capable of tearing the place up in a blitz arena or two

Vlech I can't play today because of connectivity issues.

I can get at the openings course on my phone though so not too bad.

Talking of chess I have the most pointless stupid crush on Daniel Naroditsky.

It's super hypocritical of me because I hate to be seen as a 'female chess player' instead of just a chess player but I thirst hard on Danya. He's an uncommonly beautiful man...almost a little mutated looking as if he's part hawk or eagle. Especially in the stark white lighting he currently has going on in his streams there is definitely something of a hawk or eagle in the bone structure around his eyes.

All right. Self. Enough.

Top Bottom