Song Help Request Help converting guitar tabs to ukulele? Please

http://www.rukind.com/html/music/gdtunes/Friendvl.htm
On the bottom "jerry's intro". Anyone know how to translate from guitar to Uke? Thanks

I'm afraid the question is meaningless. You just play it. It doesn't matter whether it is on guitar, piano, banjo, harpsichord, church organ, mandolin or ukulele. Anything that can play chords can play this song (or any other song with chords0. All you have to know is how to play those chords on your chosen instrument.

Thanks ken. Got your strings a few weeks ago. GREAT. The intro is tabbed - the numbers on the guitar strings for the frets. I have the chords but don't know how to do the solo because its for the 6 guitar strings. Obviously , I'm not a trained musician so I have no idea if I'm explaining correctly

I think I understand what you're looking for. You want the fingerpicked tabs at the beginning and end of the song? Is that right?

There's a converter for tabs at Ukulele-tabs.com

I do not know how well it works, but it might be worth a go...

I'm afraid the question is meaningless. You just play it. It doesn't matter whether it is on guitar, piano, banjo, harpsichord, church organ, mandolin or ukulele. Anything that can play chords can play this song (or any other song with chords0. All you have to know is how to play those chords on your chosen instrument.

He's not asking about the chords. He's asking about the notes in tablature.

I don't have a guitar or uke with me, but I played the MIDI files in my TEFviewer, where it provides the musical notes along with guitar tab. You might want to start there. I think the challenge will be transposing up an octave -- most of the notes of Jerry's intro fall below the range of the uke.

I wrote this out, not exactly as played by guitar, but more uke friendly.
Friend of the Devil Intro.jpg

Top Bottom