College Football

Chaos reigned supreme today. I can't believe the way this season has unfolded. At this point, they might as well just give Bama the trophy again.

Loved the Trojans game! Now if only Utah and Colorado could just each drop one, and we could beat the Bruins we could salvage our season in the Pac12 title game.

Loved the Trojans game! Now if only Utah and Colorado could just each drop one, and we could beat the Bruins we could salvage our season in the Pac12 title game.

I think USC can beat UCLA. I only watched them once this season, and I wasn't impressed.

I like Oregon, but this just isn't their year. And where the heck is Arizona State? I haven't seen them much this year. :eek:ld:

My wife's Annual Thanksgiving Tea is disrupting my football today. I'll go shopping at my favorite music store until the ladies leave--ahhh, well . . .

Well, Nebraska beat Maryland. Notre Dame lost -- again! And I didn't see either game. But I was lusting over a nice Gold Tone mandolin . . . I dunno.

Now Washington/Arizona State. I'm for Arizona; my Wife's for Washington. ///. Washington won.

USC/UCLA later -- Oh Boy! /// USC won and gets to keep the bell. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
The Louisville vs Houston game was the most electric game I've ever been at. Watching Lamar Jackson be completely shutdown was something I did not expect. What a crazy season it has been.

Friday football.

Nebraska/Iowa. Nebraska needs to get goin' in the second half. They need this game. /// Well, they didn't get 'er done -- too bad.

Houston played too, but I've forgotten who won. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Ha! NotreDame/USC! Now that's a REALLY big one! I hope ND plays better than they have lately, but I haven't decided who I'm backing. /// Well, ND just didn't have it today. It was a stomp. I don't know who I was for. I guess I was with USC. Come to think of it, I was pulling for them from the very beginning of the game -- sigh . . . Anyway the heavy rain was very welcome.

That Jackson guy from Louisville is great, but they lost. I only watched a little.

This has been a disappointing season for us. Some of our teams haven't well at all. I like winners! :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Ohio State game went to double OT before OSU won. I'll check out the USC/ND game......but watching the 'Bama/Auburn game: Almost pro level football!

We're gonna watch the Utah/Colorado game tonight just because everyone's talking about it. ////

I only watched some of it, but, then I got busy doing something else. I guess Colorado beat USC out for the championship game.

Ahhh, well, maybe next year. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Being a Penn State fan, I was happy with their win over Michigan State. So now they will be playing for the Big 10 title. Believe me, no one saw this coming in August. Also my second favorite team Southern Cal won, all in all it was a great day for college football.

You have to believe that Washington is a lock for the 4 team playoff championship.

This is great news for me, since if Washington goes to the playoff, my team may sneak in the back door to the Rose Bowl. By getting demolished, #8 Colorado is 10-3, and my alma mater USC at #11 is 9-3, but we beat them when we played them. If I am super lucky, we will leapfrog them in the rankings and get picked for the Rose Bowl. I needed Washington to win big, so I kind of wanted them to try to score one more time instead of going into the victory formation. I just have to hope that was a big enough beat down.

Well, the season's over and I'm not all that sad. My teams mostly didn't do well, and I've become disenchanted with football (along with baseball). Both sports have too many rules which have made them very tedious and boring to me. It just ain't like it usta be.

I know they're tryin' ta make football safe for the players, but it just isn't a safe passtime and makin' a bunch of rules that just cause a lot penalties that slow things down isn't gonna work. I've seen a lot of touchdowns negated because of a silly penalty. It never usta be that way.

Well, enough of my sermon. But I think I'm done with football AND baseball, and I never have liked basketball.

Maybe I'll go back ta tennis -- and girl's beach volleyball. I like their uniforms. :cheers: :eek:ld:

Last edited:
This is great news for me, since if Washington goes to the playoff, my team may sneak in the back door to the Rose Bowl. By getting demolished, #8 Colorado is 10-3, and my alma mater USC at #11 is 9-3, but we beat them when we played them. If I am super lucky, we will leapfrog them in the rankings and get picked for the Rose Bowl. I needed Washington to win big, so I kind of wanted them to try to score one more time instead of going into the victory formation. I just have to hope that was a big enough beat down.
Congrats Stacey, USC going to Rose Bowl!

Top Bottom