Bad Ebay experience

fowl

Reaction score
I don't usually buy ob Ebay but have done some through the years and never had this problem before. I will explain and I wonder if any folks here have had the same experience. I buy Flight TUS35 ukes for my grandchildren when they have their third birthday. They have decent sound and are hard to break. I just try to find a different color for each child. The prices like everything else keep going up. While searching I found one on Ebay for $31 with free shipping and the seller had a good rating. It was a buy it now, so I bought it using Paypal. A few days later found out the seller had cancelled the order bacause we have a bad shipping address. The address is the home street address and we have never had trouble with getting any shipment. Plus the order was cancelled the same day I bought it. Tried contacting the seller with all of this information. All they will answer is "you got your money back." I checked and they relisted the uke for $108. Wierd, I don't see them selling it for that price.
This makes me thankful for the sellers on UU even more. I have bought on here before and it always a great experience. Just wondered if any of you can relate to this?

I don't use EBay much and that has never happened to me, but a bad transaction could have gone much worse. I would be happy that I at least got my money back.

I don't think that'd qualify as bad buying experience in my book. A bad buying experience is when I paid for an item but don't get what's advertised and seller refusing to do anything about it.

It happened when I needed an old chess program and found one on ebay; turns out the seller just sent me a link to a website that teaches me how to use a pirated copy of the program. Ebay wouldn't do anything for me because their buyer protection doesn't cover services or something like that. I've not bought anything from ebay since.

Steve,
They sound kind of rude, at the least. They could have said that they made a mistake in the original price and apologized.

See you at UWC.

Steve,
They sound kind of rude, at the least. They could have said that they made a mistake in the original price and apologized.

See you at UWC.
Yeah Doug, this seller did not have any other instruments in their store so I thought it was really odd to cancel a sale. It is getting more difficult to deals on these.

I will look forward to seeing you there!

Top Bottom