The new Dos Equis commercial: Does it leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Uke Canduet

Reaction score
I think today is the first day it aired.

One thing I'm sure of ... it doesn't make me want to buy it. :cautious:

Maybe burn THAT uke … Notice they didn’t trash a decent one.

I wasn’t able to download the link but it’s impossible for any form of ad to entice me to drink Dos Equis or, for that matter, Corona or Budweiser. Even if Yuengling and Guinness breweries went out of business, I’d avoid those former 3 so- called beers. If I’m presently dining somewhere and neither Yuengling nor Guinness is available in a bottle, I order ice water. Nothing else compares.

I have no idea what Dos Equis tastes like, but nobody can replace Jonathan Goldsmith, The Most Interesting Man In The World.

1696735880806.png

I think today is the first day it aired. One thing I'm sure of ... it doesn't make me want to buy it. :cautious:
Since we can't see the video and Twitter demands that we join, describe the video content so we understand why you made this post.

Mostly I think I question the wisdom of something so associated with Hawai’i and it’s culture being tossed on a fire. It’s exceedingly insensitive and in extremely poor taste.

Yeah, the spot was probably in the can before Lahaina was lost. But at that point the ad agency should have shelved it permanently.

I wasn’t able to download the link but it’s impossible for any form of ad to entice me to drink Dos Equis or, for that matter, Corona or Budweiser. Even if Yuengling and Guinness breweries went out of business, I’d avoid those former 3 so- called beers. If I’m presently dining somewhere and neither Yuengling nor Guinness is available in a bottle, I order ice water. Nothing else compares.
Someones either from Pennsylvania or Florida!

I saw it when first posted. It was a group camping around a campfire and people good-naturedly react negatively when one starts playing a ukulele. It ends with one throwing the ukulele into the campfire with others smiling. It is not overtly offensive, but rather a poor job of trying to message friends drinking beer together having a good time.

Weird that they convey an “oh no!“ reaction to the ukulele. It’s not like it’s an accordion (with apologies to…) or a Henway. But throwing it into the fire is a stupid negative end… that’s not what a friend does. A better ending would have them all singing together with brews in hand.

So no big deal if… It wasn’t an ukulele with cultural associations and a stupid execution of a product promotion that passed through so many layers of approval.

I would love to see this ad. I am not easily offended, I am not very interested in Hawaiian culture…
I’m almost impossible to offend. But I also realize it’s not always about just me. Really almost never about me. With that in mind I would understand if some people on the west side of Maui were a little bit sensitive about ukulele fire jokes, yeah? 🤙

I saw it when first posted. It was a group camping around a campfire and people good-naturedly react negatively when one starts playing a ukulele. It ends with one throwing the ukulele into the campfire with others smiling. It is not overtly offensive, but rather a poor job of trying to message friends drinking beer together having a good time.

Weird that they convey an “oh no!“ reaction to the ukulele. It’s not like it’s an accordion (with apologies to…) or a Henway. But throwing it into the fire is a stupid negative end… that’s not what a friend does. A better ending would have them all singing together with brews in hand.

So no big deal if… It wasn’t an ukulele with cultural associations and a stupid execution of a product promotion that passed through so many layers of approval.
Yikes, this sure conveys the message "only idiots drink this stuff".

A far cry from the International Coffee commercials.

Someone else can contribute with the Swedish Bikini Team Ads :)

Oh, heck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom