About to pull trigger for Anuenue Moonbird UT-200

Speaking from experience, it really does help your playing to buy a "better" ukulele. Your playing sounds better. The ukulele is almost always easier to play. The sounds you make on the instrument are nicer inspiring you to play more often. I like my Moonbird a lot.

If you know that a tenor is a good size and fit for you, than go for the UT200. It's a terrific instrument. Clean crisp notes for fingerstyle. Lovely chime and resonance for strumming. The Moon Spruce top gives it excellent projection. While the rosewood body ensures that the sound gets a nice low end to compliment the mids and highs. It's well made and, it's beautiful.

Plus, if you listen very, very carefully as you stand under a full moon on a quiet summer's night you can hear the wolves howling in approval as you play softly in serenade. ;)

It really is an excellent tenor. It will maintain its resale value if for some reason it doesn't work for you.
I just re-read this, and your words hit me good. I have had my moonbird for a while now. It just seems to sound better and better. I play it , it makes ME sound good. My question, do you think the zen smell will disappear in time? Evey.

I just re-read this, and your words hit me good. I have had my moonbird for a while now. It just seems to sound better and better. I play it , it makes ME sound good. My question, do you think the zen smell will disappear in time? Evey.
Since @ukuevey revived this thread, I have to add something about the fragrance of the Moon Bird. I bought an MB soprano a few months ago from another UU member and the fresh spruce scent was the first thing I noticed, as soon as I opened the beautiful blue case.

Nostalgia! The lively spruce scent was the same as my old violin, which was built in Germany in the mid-1700s. (I no longer have it.) Brought back memories! I loved sniffing into those sound holes.

You get the same hit of spruce when you walk into a violin shop. It’s heavenly. If the fragrance stays with violins for centuries, it may stay with a Moon Bird.

Last edited:
Are ya all sure that you are smelling wood and not glue? Lol. 😂

Two and a half years later, the spruce smell is still with it. (I bought it used in 2020.)

I am thinking about selling it though. I have to trim my collection for a move to Arizona.

Two and a half years later, the spruce smell is still with it. (I bought it used in 2020.)

I am thinking about selling it though. I have to trim my collection for a move to Arizona.
That makes me happy. I was afraid the smell would wear off. The only sense that ukulele doesn’t satisfy is taste. Just taking it out if the case thrills me.

Top Bottom