620! I Don't Know

I did four "I Don't Know" songs at the monthly open mic at the golf course tonight.

The three cover songs were a complete train wreck when I tried them an hour before I went, and as usual I had inadequate time to prepare.

And yet, somehow, it all came together surprisingly well by the time I got on stage.

I don't think any of these have been done yet? [NOPE, I'M WRONG - MOST OF THEM WERE - I CAN'T KEEP TRACK ANY MORE!]

• "Don't Know Why" - Norah Jones
  • "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" - Chicago
  • "Wonderful Worlds Collide" - my mashup of Sam Cooke's "Wonderful World" & Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" - it's all about all the stuff I don't know
  • "I Only Want to Be With You" - Shelby Lynne

Last edited:
Here is a song :)

Yeah, someone else allready did it. And I did it myself for season 442.
But I felt like playing it, and only 12 people saw my last rendition, so my interpretation is new to most of you :LOL:

Last edited:
I spent some considerable time today on a new version of the original song I posted earlier in the week. I re-did the baritone uke and vocals, and I’ve added some synth parts and a drum track. I’m really pleased with the result - if you give it a listen, please stay tuned at least to the first chorus when it really gets going. 🙂

Lyrics

I don’t know what I did to deserve you,
But I know just what I did to lose you;
I really didn’t mean to upset you,
And I’ve been kicking myself, beating up on myself,
And now I’ll probably never see you again.

But if you can hear me,
I’m sorry, and I miss you.
Yes if you can hear me,
I’m sorry, and oh how I love you, I love you, I love you.

I don’t know how I’m meant to forget you,
But I know that I will never regret you;
How am I expected to get through?
Right now I’m feeling so lost, I’m always counting the cost,
I need to see you again, I need a chance to explain
How much I want you to be right here forever with me -
You’re the only one I want.

So if you can hear me,
I’m sorry, and I miss you.
Yes if you can hear me,
I’m sorry, and oh how I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.

Last edited:
Who didn't see this coming? Another version of 'Don't Know Why' by Nora Jones, coming your way. At least this one's short and sweet and a bit of the same but different. It's an instrumental, where I do my try to channel my inner Corey Fujimoto. (Gimme a few years!!) .

Don't know why I feel so blue, must be the weather that has something to do with it. Or it could be that loosing someone you love is compounded by the withering leaves and the decay you see around you.

Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression also known as SAD, seasonal depression or winter depression. In Finland when the sun barely gets over the horizon, rises late and sets early, the lack of sunlight and vitamin D obtained from it can effect a person's mental health. This disorder is identified as a type of depression – A Major Depressive Disorder with a Seasonal Pattern.

This song is so silly I couldn't get through it without laughing. It makes me think of Anakin and Padme from the Star Wars prequels (which, if you ask me - YMMV - are equally silly).

"I don't know why, but I keep thinking something's bound to go wrong" sums up the whole Darth Vader inevitability thing pretty nicely, on top of the whole silly pod-racing sub-plot.

The Beach Boys' "Don't Worry Baby" (which should have a comma but does not - perfectly underscoring the whole juvenile vibe of the thing).

And just for fun, a gratuitous king parrot, which flew straight at me twice, including once for the camera.

Don't know why I feel so blue, must be the weather that has something to do with it. Or it could be that loosing someone you love is compounded by the withering leaves and the decay you see around you.

Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression also known as SAD, seasonal depression or winter depression. In Finland when the sun barely gets over the horizon, rises late and sets early, the lack of sunlight and vitamin D obtained from it can effect a person's mental health. This disorder is identified as a type of depression – A Major Depressive Disorder with a Seasonal Pattern.

I think I've suffered from this in the past ... it's a real affliction. There are lamps you can buy which simulate sunlight, and are helpful during the darker winter months. I had one myself and bought one recently for a friend, who is also a sufferer and who, I should like to think, is still benefiting from it. I don't need one now, of course, because I live in deepest France, where the sun is ALWAYS shining ... ahem!?! The view from the Bathroom window this morning ...

20240105_102723.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm recovering from a bad flu and it's finally time to come back to you 😊
The piece I propose really needs no introduction, I hope you like it
Greetings to everyone and Happy New Year🥳

Apologies for the administrative interruption, but I know that for a good many Seasonistas, this is the only part of the site you visit, but I wanted to fill you in on on some important news:

We'll be taking the forum offline for a few hours on Saturday morning Hawaii time to upgrade the server. We expect to be back online Saturday afternoon.

After that, it will take approximately 48 hours for our new server location to be available worldwide. During that time, you may experience occassional issues accessing the site.

Once that process is complete, we'll be faster and more solid than ever, even as we continue to accelerate our growth!

In other words, we intend to be back online Saturday (HST), so that the Sunday handover for the Seasons proceeds uninterrupted...but some of you may in fact be interrupted! We're very sorry about that, but somebody's gonna get interrupted sometime, and we've been needing to address this for months.

I have a lot more details in the post below, where it will be more appropriate to discuss it. :) Otherwise, now returning to you to your regularly scheduled Seasonista-ing!

Regards,
Tim
Mod

Apologies for the administrative interruption, but I know that for a good many Seasonistas, this is the only part of the site you visit, but I wanted to fill you in on on some important news:

We'll be taking the forum offline for a few hours on Saturday morning Hawaii time to upgrade the server. We expect to be back online Saturday afternoon.

After that, it will take approximately 48 hours for our new server location to be available worldwide. During that time, you may experience occassional issues accessing the site.

Once that process is complete, we'll be faster and more solid than ever, even as we continue to accelerate our growth!

In other words, we intend to be back online Saturday (HST), so that the Sunday handover for the Seasons proceeds uninterrupted...but some of you may in fact be interrupted! We're very sorry about that, but somebody's gonna get interrupted sometime, and we've been needing to address this for months.

I have a lot more details in the post below, where it will be more appropriate to discuss it. :) Otherwise, now returning to you to your regularly scheduled Seasonista-ing!

Regards,
Tim
Mod
I thought for a moment that you’d decided to accept my recent invitation to join in the fun here, Tim! 😉

Happy new year everyone! Somehow I haven't got around to posting this week until now, so I'd better fix that. Here's a bit of classic mid 90s Britpop. Will I turn my coat to the rain? I don't know!

I always like to have a rough idea what I'm singing about when I do covers. As I understand it, this one describes Simon Fowler's (the songwriter) feelings about being gay and feeling that he'll always be an outsider due to not intending to have a family.

Meanwhile, we don't seem to have seen our host for a while. I hope all is well Joko!

I thought for a moment that you’d decided to accept my recent invitation to join in the fun here, Tim! 😉

Between unrelated but serious injuries to my wife and myself in 2023 and my work, and admittedly some goofing around, on the forum, I barely played at all in 2023. I'm already addressing that this year, and very much back underway, so you never know! 😊

Okay, one of my own composition.

[C]*4 [Em]*2 [Am]*2 [Dm]*4 [Dm7]*4
[G]*4 [Em7]*2 [G7]*2 [C]*4 [Cmaj7]*4

[C] What do [Em] I [Am] fear [Dm] the most? [Dm7]
[G] Well I’ve [Em7] never [G7] seen [C] a ghost. [Cmaj7]
[C] But ghosts don’t [Em] much [Am] frighten [Dm] me [Dm7]
[G] Such a [Em7] strange [G7] thing [C] I want to see [C7]

[F]*4 [Bb]*2 [C7]*2 [F]*4 [Fm]*4
[G]*4 [C]*2 [D7]*2 [G]*4 [G7]*4

[C] I used [Em] to [Am] love [Dm] fairground rides [Dm7]
[G] Now they [Em7] grind [G7] me [C] up inside. [Cmaj7]
[C] But I’m [Em] not [Am] scared [Dm] of heights [Dm7]