Today's Chuckle

A man dropped his car off at an auto repair shop, complaining to the service manager about a clunking noise whenever he went around corners.
The manager sent the auto mechanic a repair order that said to check for a clunking noise when going around corners.
The mechanic took the car out for a test drive and made a right turn, then a left turn, each time hearing a loud clunk.
Back at the shop, he returned the car to the service manager with a note that read: "Removed bowling ball from trunk."

A suspicious and insecure man finally summoned the courage to ask his wife if he was the only one that she was sleeping with.
She replied, "Yes, you're the only one. The others are nines and tens."

Last edited:
A man dropped his car off at an auto repair shop, complaining to the service manager about a clunking noise whenever he went around corners.
The manager sent the auto mechanic a repair order that said to check for a clunking noise when going around corners.
The mechanic took the car out for a test drive and made a right turn, then a left turn, each time hearing a loud clunk.
Back at the shop, he returned the car to the service manager with a note that read: "Removed bowling ball from trunk."
Im a service manager for car dealerships...something similar REALLY did happen.... Golf balls though :)

Im a service manager for car dealerships...something similar REALLY did happen.... Golf balls though :)
The optometrist who fits our eyeglasses had a patient who kept returning repeatedly, saying her lenses were badly scratched. She got new lenses over and over again.

The optometrist questioned her about how she cared for her glasses (very carefully), where she put them when not using (in their case), and so on, and could not imagine how they were getting so scratched up.

Finally she asked to see the woman’s eyeglass case. Inside was a collection of emery boards for filing nails. “That way, I always know where to find a nail file,” the patient said.

I had a similar clunking, but not while turning; on accelerating from a stop. The mechanic handed me my 1-7/8” tow hitch ball. That was not the problem, and I didn’t go back. It turned out to be loose transmission bolts I discovered myself 😡

Dad had similar symptoms in his pickup. Was an under inflated spare tire shifting under braking and takeoff.

Now my Silverado is making a similar sound/feel, and I haven’t been able to figure it out. I almost hope it’s the useless 6-spd auto trans. Would love to put a 4-spd in it, or better yet a manual.

I shared this in one of the pronunciation threads and thought it was kind of funny so I thought I would share it here as well.
True story!

I worked in customer service and got a call from a man whose last name was Weiner. I kept referring to him as Mr. "Wee-ner" when about 3/4ths of the way through the call he corrected me and said that his name was pronounced "Wine-er". Granted I was saying his name more than usual because I wanted to say "Mr. Wee-ner" out loud. :p 😄 (Customer service can get pretty boring.) Of course I apologized for the mispronunciation but I was thinking to myself, "Sure, that's how you pronounce it Mr. Wee-ner. Now that I think of it you're sounding more like a "whiner"! 😄😄

Top Bottom