Season 577 - Jingles!

here's a homemade song for the season. it starts off being an invitation to see the potential of things to be crafted into other things - a sort of advert for various hobbies, if you will - but then it sort of goes its own way!

"do you..."

By the time you read this it will be March 5th in most of the world, but it was March 4th in the US when I wrote and recorded this … which happens to be the only date in the calendar which is also a command … and, coincidentally (or auspiciously) also the birthday of the woman who birthed and raised me.

So here’s a little celebratory jingle for my mom and her birthday brethren.

The song ends at 0:59, but the video is ever-so-slightly longer, since I say “Happy Birthday” at the end. I didn’t want to edit that out, so I hope it still qualifies!

I forgot to mention that this is not the first song I've written for my mom and her commanding birthday, and with a similar title. For her 80th I wrote her an actual march! I "family-sourced" the lyrics, getting input from as many family members as possible. Jingle as a form is about three orders of magnitude easier than march, or I would probably never have written this second one. Here's the first, just for fun and additional celebration (not a new submission for this Season, obviously):

Reactions: joo
GOOD MORNING, AFTERNOON AND EVENING EVERYONE!

HAPPY TO SEE ALL THE NEW ENTRIES ON THIS THREAD SINCE I LAST CHECKED!
Will be back to watch and comment on your entries later!
Keep the jingles coming!

Hi Joo , here's an original jingle for Slow Boat Tours. I know you like to see what I'm painting so I made a video of recents. I'm loosely doing a project of small paintings of places I've travelled to...makes for nice memories. All paintings are 12 x 8 or A4. I figure I'll improve by doing more small paintings rather than a few biggies. I'm aiming for about 5 or 6 per country. These ones are of Myanmar. Recently trying oils again after many years..so you will spot some of them - along with watercolour and gouache.
Cheers!

You're likely not familiar with longtime Tigard, Oregon, USA's provider of stereo & home-theater equipment (also offering installation services), Chelsea Audio Video.

Honestly, I'm only familiar with their amazingly catchy jingle that used to get plenty of airplay on Portland-area radio stations...

I forgot to mention that this is not the first song I've written for my mom and her commanding birthday, and with a similar title. For her 80th I wrote her an actual march! I "family-sourced" the lyrics, getting input from as many family members as possible. Jingle as a form is about three orders of magnitude easier than march, or I would probably never have written this second one. Here's the first, just for fun and additional celebration (not a new submission for this Season, obviously):

i feel your love here. Thank you so much for sharing this, Wendy. This is beautiful.

wow. The quality you all display in those number of seconds is amazing!!!

FANTASTIC entries.
I feel embarrassed of my intro video song. (But I also have a thick skin so it is gonna stay there.)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR JINGLES, FRIENDS.
Keep bringing them!

Howdy all.
Season 576 of the Ukulele: Dirty Dancing has officially ended.
If you want to catch up on what your comrades laid down, please check out the thread.
Thank you and Jingle on,
-Yukio

Another one from the 10ish second work day snippets. I've padded this out slightly too and it stretches to as many as 26 seconds...
Anyway, I humbly submit my proposal for the next Post-It note ad campaign.

Hello again, Seasonista friends!
Good morning, afternoon or evening to you.

Nice to see more entries that came in overnight.
I am about to start my work(not the one where I pluck the uke, the other job), and I will catch up on your videos during my lunch break.

This jingle came to me when I was walking to work this morning....
The poster is a handmade one for my library.

my jingle doesn't jangle
my toes can roar no more
yelling is for elbows

my nose went home

The Chiquita Banana Jingle
- Miss Chiquita and I are both the same vintage, having been on the planet for 79 years. She gave us some "fun facts" about bananas and their care in her jingles. I'm not sure if Carmen Miranda based her stage persona on Chiquita or if Chiquita was based on Carmen.

Chiquita Banana.jpg

Top Bottom