What a weekend for Hawaii ukulele fans

badhabits

Reaction score
A lot of great videos/podcasts dropped:

Tavana & Taimane at the Blue Note

Brittni on UU podcast (and C&S backyard concert later today)

Andrew Molina on TUS podcast

Aldrine interview on Kanilea channel

and Brad Bordessa launched his Hawaiian songs course

🤙

Thanks for Brad Bordessa podcast link!!!
First time hearing ... he's put a lot of work into sharing his passion for Uke.
So many youtoob groms out there... he's genuine.

A lot of great videos/podcasts dropped:

I wasn't sure if it was my imagination, but I was really struck by how overwhelming the drops are in the last few days, in both quantity and quality!

Brittni is one of my favorite players, and a fantastic guest wherever she goes (something of a regular on the Hawaii Music Store/The Ukulele Site podcasts too). Here's the Craig & Sarah stream, which is just underway as I write this:

It was funny to hear Brittni say on the Ukulele Underground podcast that playing Sarah's Kanile'a during the recording of the session streaming today that made her reach out to Lina at Kanile'a. I recognize that there are a lot of fantastic players and a lot of fantastic ukuleles, and plenty of my favorite players play ukuleles from other makers, but of everyone out there, she's the one that made me wonder, "How is she NOT a Kanile'a artist?" Answered, and solved! 🤣 A terrific episode of the UU podcast, AND a great livestream. I can't wait to see her talk with Lina! Or to see her Artist Series ukulele!

Lina and Aldrine is a match made in comedy heaven. I laughed the whole way through that one. They need to get together on the regular. Hey Aldrine, maybe bring Lina on to the UU podcast!

And while I haven't yet had a chance to catch Andrew Molina on the TUS podcast, I've heard him say before that Brittni Paiva was a huge early influence on him as a student and player. She was also the judge of one the first contests he entered (and won? Did well anyway), and they're good friends now, and have played together at some festivals.

Thanks for gathering these, @badhabits and @kerneltime!

Top Bottom