The UU Photo thread. Post your photos etc. that you'd like to share with members

Trinimon

Reaction score
Feel free to post images that you have taken and feel like sharing to the UU community or ask photography related questions or share some cool tips and tricks.

It does not have to be ukulele related since we already have a Uke p*** thread, just random images like landscapes, your local uke group, pets, abstract etc.

Please keep it clean! No NSFW images or tasteless stuff!

I'll kick it off. Here's a pic of the Pololu Valley on da Big Island, taken last summer.

7932566878_40452037ed_b.jpg

Here's a link to some photographs I took on Montserrat the local holy mountain around here:

http://www.pfft.net/album/album.php/berni/Montserrat

Click on the photos to see them bigger and again to see them full size. For me this mountain is one of the natural wonders of the world.

Here's a habit I have for photographs. Get UNDER the plant matter. Seeing the sun shine *through* the leaves instead of *on* them adds a lot of depth and dimension.

These photos were taken in Ajijic and Chapala, Mexico. NOT edited beyond cropping... the colors are real.
100_0200.jpg

100_0203.jpg

100_0201.jpg

100_0292.jpg

I also like symmetry. That's Tequila mountain in the background.
100_0330.jpg

Always remember to leave a little extra around the edges because that way you don't lose any of your perfectly framed shot if you want to get it printed on a wrapped canvas!!!!

My last tip is that when you take a pic of an impressive large thing like a building, it's neat to get shots of some of the details that the craftsmen took so much pride in making. It's what creates the character, imo, more than the overall dimension of the building.

100_0449.jpg

Inspired by Freeda's great flower photos, I'm posting my photo of spring blossoms in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, February 2013.

attachment.php

Still can't seem to get big pics on the screen. I must be stupid, stupid, stupid. Can I link with photos on FB?

If you want to see some amazing photography, click on Carlton's (Trinimon) links in his signature.

Felt left out so I had this on my phone from the Aulani resort on Oahu:

flowers from Aulani.jpg
attachment.php

(iPhone 4s)
:)

Last edited:
Wow, beautiful photos! Here's the 5-year-old granddaughter who got me started playing ukuleles:

MakaylaFebruary2013_zpsac9c7829.jpg

The view from my garden early one morning last winter:

5233690709_19b7f6781c_b.jpg

A similarly panoramic photo from the "House of Wonders" in Stone Town, Zanzibar:

4521205289_24ee2b669f_b.jpg

One of my favourite photos. Me, in Sri Lanka, taken by my wife. I like to think of myself as "The Chipmunk Whisperer"

3798438606_79f8336458_o.jpg

And lastly, one of the most incredible sunsets I've ever seen. Kota Kinabalu, Borneo:

3788225044_7273c38fc4_o.jpg

Top Bottom