SOLD Beansprout Tenor #557 - Fir & Curly Cherry

StumptownUke

Reaction score
Hi All,

For sale is a wonderful Beansprout Tenor with Curly Cherry back, sides and neck, old growth Fir top, and Pistachio fretboard. It is currently strung Low G and comes with a crossrock fiberglass case. As with all of the beansprout instruments its both beautiful to look at and plays even better. I simply do not play tenor and I can't justify keeping this one. The wait time for a new build is about 9 months, so skip the line and get a one of a kind tenor!

Old growth fir top
Curly Cherry back & Sides
Pistachio fretboard, bridge & headplate
Walnut binding
Gotoh tuners

Asking SOLD shipped to the CONUS and not interested in trades. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• BSTenor1.jpeg
    BSTenor1.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 49
  • BSTenor2.jpeg
    BSTenor2.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 42
  • BSTenor4.jpeg
    BSTenor4.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 39
  • BSTenor5.jpeg
    BSTenor5.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 49
  • BSTenor3.jpeg
    BSTenor3.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Bumping this back up, took it down over the holidays since I was out of town. Still available!

Curious if any who own an older Mya-Moe can comment on similarities and differences between Aaron Keim involved mya-moes and his current ukes? I am familiar with the basic differences that Aaron himself has spoken about but having never played a Beansprout I can only go off of looks to a certain degree.

Curious if any who own an older Mya-Moe can comment on similarities and differences between Aaron Keim involved mya-moes and his current ukes? I am familiar with the basic differences that Aaron himself has spoken about but having never played a Beansprout I can only go off of looks to a certain degree.
I can try to answer this as I have owned a couple of MM ukes that were built with the old team. I would say the biggest difference I can feel between the two is in the neck/fretboard. The MM ukes I owned featured the ebony fretboard whereas the beansprout has a pistachio one. The neck feels a touch thicker to me, but not Pono thick if that makes sense. Outside of that the general aesthetic with a Beansprout seems a little more muted/natural to me as they dont feature things like abalone. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Top Bottom