Show us your ukes!

With nerve damage to my neck from radiation treatments for cancer in 1973, I find standard depth tenor ukes are too uncomfortable for me, but found that my Lanikai Bogoté (butterfly wood) Thinline is good, so I'm keeping that and my thin Godin Multiuke, bought another Lanikai and a Hricane (on it's way from China).

Ukulele Collection.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20220616_160016.jpg IMG_20220616_160044.jpg

My Steve Heizer tenor ukulele. I'm not positive about all the woods, but I know the back is curly maple from the Cowichan Valley (where I live), the front is spruce (probably Alaska), I think the neck is mahogany, not sure about the fretboard (I think ebony), I believe the bridge is padauk. I just ordered the strap from westcoastweave and I am super excited about it. I need to install a strap button on my Twisted Wood Sierra Tenor, and then a friend of mine will be weaving me a strap at some point.

View attachment 141227 View attachment 141228

My Steve Heizer tenor ukulele. I'm not positive about all the woods, but I know the back is curly maple from the Cowichan Valley (where I live), the front is spruce (probably Alaska), I think the neck is mahogany, not sure about the fretboard (I think ebony), I believe the bridge is padauk. I just ordered the strap from westcoastweave and I am super excited about it. I need to install a strap button on my Twisted Wood Sierra Tenor, and then a friend of mine will be weaving me a strap at some point.
That is one beautiful uke!

I'm enjoying looking at the beautiful instruments. I've attached photos of a baritone uke, made by noted mandolin luthier Andy Poe. Some years ago, he also started building ukes. This is one of his newest with ebony sides and back.

Attachments

• UKE FORUM.jpg
    UKE FORUM.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 34
  • POE INSTRUMENTS .jpg
    POE INSTRUMENTS .jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 32
  • BACK.jpg
    BACK.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 32
I'm enjoying looking at the beautiful instruments. I've attached photos of a baritone uke, made by noted mandolin luthier Andy Poe. Some years ago, he also started building ukes. This is one of his newest with ebony sides and back.
😍 SO STUNNING!!!

Soooo... I've been scrolling past this thread for a long time. I know what it's about, and... yeah, ukes are cool, I just don't feel the need to look at all of them, and I'm not sure I've even taken a photo of mine. But, y'all go ahead!

I just wanted to mention, in case no one else has, that "ukulele p***" might not be the best choice of titles for this thread. (mind you, it took me a long time to even have this thought, so it's not THAT bad) You see, there's this thing in internet lore called "Rule 34 of the Internet". Rule 34 states that anything you can think of, "there is p*** of it." Oddly enough, that is generally a true statement.

I figured I'd take one for the team and look. Yep. It's out there. Gotta say, the nude girl singing "Linger" by the Cranberries playing along on a Fender telecaster-style uke while spinning a hula hoop was kinda impressive. Is it really p*** if it's art?

I'll show myself out.

82E70922-D73D-4CFE-8CB4-63771A974087.jpeg
My collection…1 barry, 1 tenor, 1 concert, 2 sops…I really only play for ‘leisure’ & don’t practise as much as I perhaps ‘should’, so I guess I’m sort of more of a collector😅🤷‍♀️

I just wanted to mention, in case no one else has, that "ukulele p***" might not be the best choice of titles for this thread.
Yes, I've mentioned it in one of my earlier posts. I don't get why people have to be so salacious, nothing wrong with, "Post your uke pictures here."

Top Bottom