New Posting order in New Posts

A new suggestion that needs examination

Bibs

Reaction score
The new posts order is currently rather random. I think the order shown on the right side of the page shows the time of the last post, but these times are not in any order. They jump from 'today' to '3 hours ago' then to '20 minutes ago' then back to 'today', in other words all over the place in no particular order. I looked at the filters, no help.

Is there a way to put them in order from newest to oldest?

I never noticed that!! Ok that's so gonna bug me now!

I'll see if I can find out an answer, but this might be a job for Super Tim.

Just went back and they are in order?????????? Maybe because of my browser/OS [Linux/Opera]?

Whoa! No clue on this, but my GUESS is that the server runs anything related to time-related tasks (aka, chron jobs) once an hour or so. After the chron job runs, everything should be in the right order...

....but why wouldn't it be in the right order all along?!?! I'll keep an eye on this, but that's my best guess for now...

Piggybacking on Bibs observation/question…

Is there a reason why all the threads in the “Site Feedback & Questions” section are in random order, rather than chronological?

Piggybacking on Bibs observation/question…

Is there a reason why all the threads in the “Site Feedback & Questions” section are in random order, rather than chronological?
They seem to be in descending "vote" order.

I've now checked multiple times today, on multiple browsers, and that right-hand column is always in order. Next time you see it wonky, can you take a screenshot and PM me?

Just went back and they are in order?????????? Maybe because of my browser/OS [Linux/Opera]?
Mine did the same!

@ploverwing, you were on Linux/Opera too, or something else?

I think this will work. Sorry about the size.

Attachments

2.6 MB · Views: 6
Definitely works, and wow, I've never seen that before! I'll ask among my fellow nerds to see if anybody knows about this.

More news when I have it, but folks with more details should please add them in the meantime!

Top Bottom