Please, somebody buy this

2011 HF-2 for $660 shipped with some minor cosmetic issues. I've bought from Ishibashi Music once before and it was a very smooth transition.

Also listed on eBay for more $$.

Vintage Washburn Lyon and Healy soprano.
This has send it to. Jake and let him work it over written all over it. I have too many, but someone.

2011 HF-2 for $660 shipped with some minor cosmetic issues. I've bought from Ishibashi Music once before and it was a very smooth transition.

I feel like there has to be a catch. This price is insane

Condition is the only thing I can think of, but they have other HF-2 of the same era listed at higher prices. Ishibashi is a chain and pricing could be shop specific.

For those familiar with buying from Japan and interested in a fixer-upper check this out. An old Kamaka soprano, pretty attractive Koa. And the current highest bid… $7!!!

I have an HF-2 from the early 2010s, and it is my favorite sounding ukulele. They're lighter and more open-sounding, IMO, than the new Kamakas from the last few years...

This Kamaka sold. If someone on the forum bought it, I'd love to hear your feedback on the transaction with Ishibashi. They seem to get a good amount of used Japanese domestic market ukes in that I'm interested in. I bought a used Famous off them it was a great transaction. Just want more data on their service. Thanks!

This Kamaka sold. If someone on the forum bought it, I'd love to hear your feedback on the transaction with Ishibashi. They seem to get a good amount of used Japanese domestic market ukes in that I'm interested in. I bought a used Famous off them it was a great transaction. Just want more data on their service. Thanks!
I've been really wanting a Kamaka, so I had to snag it. I'll let you know

Check out this one, a Famous FLS-KK, apparently a signature model for an artist named Kiyoshi Kobayashi. $268 plus shipping from Japan. Longneck soprano, laminate with cutaway. I love Famous ukes, but this is the first one I've seen with a zero fret. Not sure if the gold UPT tuners are stock, or were replaced on this used instrument.

Screenshot_20240127_073917_Chrome.png

Last edited:
Check out this one, a Famous FLS-KK, apparently a signature model for an artist named Kiyoski Kobayashi. $268 plus shipping from Japan. Longneck soprano, laminate with cutaway. I love Famous ukes, but this is the first one I've seen with a zero fret. Not sure if the gold UPT tuners are stock, or were replaced on this used instrument.
He is the guy who wrote a number of jazz books for uke. Might be a really nice player

Lousy pics, but a Wendell Hall Redhead @ crazy price. These usually have really curly old cuban mahogany. From what I can tell of the pics, that seems to be here. I have heard some really nice clips of these

• Wow
Reactions: Kei
Top Bottom