Please, somebody buy this

Thats a deal on a Master Series - @ eggs , think about it if you have been wanting one
I do, oh the agony! But the 'Oli has that 38mm nut vs the 35mm and I think roomier string spacing, same bracing, and maybe some other cool things like a cutaway eventually? Also I really appreciate Andrew the the TUS folks and want to support the new venture of his with my wallet if I can channel my patience hah.

Since I play fingerstyle rather high up the neck with the flesh of my fingers and thumbs as opposed to nails I find the little extra room with the string spacing does help me execute the particular tone I want to go for. Easy enough to play a 35mm nut too, but I would prefer the bigger one...

Anyway, I have this discussion in my head each time I see that master series uke hasn't been purchased yet 🤷‍♀️

I wonder about the history of goodwill/donated ukes...who was the previous owner? how did the uke end up being donated?

Reactions: Kei
Well, whoever is bidding on it, knows its worth at least $200 which is where I stopped bidding at least for the moment LOL

I do, oh the agony! But the 'Oli has that 38mm nut vs the 35mm and I think roomier string spacing, same bracing, and maybe some other cool things like a cutaway eventually? Also I really appreciate Andrew the the TUS folks and want to support the new venture of his with my wallet if I can channel my patience hah.

Since I play fingerstyle rather high up the neck with the flesh of my fingers and thumbs as opposed to nails I find the little extra room with the string spacing does help me execute the particular tone I want to go for. Easy enough to play a 35mm nut too, but I would prefer the bigger one...

Anyway, I have this discussion in my head each time I see that master series uke hasn't been purchased yet 🤷‍♀️
I vote 'Oli! Deep breaths and zen it out. Just chant 'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli 😌

I vote 'Oli! Deep breaths and zen it out. Just chant 'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli'oli 😌
Too late heheh I called and while they are getting more in the nearish future it sounds like Im not the only one champing at the bit to get one!

But I didnt get exaclty the one i posted either. I went with a new master series Pono spruce/rosewood from TUS!

Now the patience for the new instrument…

Nice Loprinzi which may have been posted before. It says koa, but I believe it is cherry. Good price.

Too late heheh I called and while they are getting more in the nearish future it sounds like Im not the only one champing at the bit to get one!

But I didnt get exaclty the one i posted either. I went with a new master series Pono spruce/rosewood from TUS!

Now the patience for the new instrument…
The UAS is strong with this one (in horrible Yoda voice). Congrats! It's still definitely supporting Andrew and the gents at TUS! I see an 'Oli bari in your future 🔮👀

Whats an 'Oli ??

and don't tell me it's Lena's wife .... this must be uke I am not familiar with
Here is a TUS video. But basically Andrew is starting his own line within the same factory and folks that do Pono. There are vids online, but for a quick mental summary think the equivalent of Rebel to Opio line. He's taking the best from the Pono line and lattice bracing from the master line and adding in all the stuff he thinks makes a dream instrument and that folks ask for. 1.5" nut, thinner still satin neck, side sound port, arm bevel. Seems like some other addition ideas are floating around. It's the most custom looking thing you can get as a silly affordable price honestly from really skilled luthiers.

@AndrewKuker if you ever read this, please consider also making the string spacing itself slightly wider on these models (but not silly big!). I play a lot of fingerstyle but try focusing on thumb playing for the tone. I don't use nails, I also play with high action and higher up the neck for fingerpicking. This makes a tighter string spacing a limiting factor sometimes for my chubby fingies. I can still play further down or by growing nails, but I don't wanna :p Honestly, comfort wise I love the profile and string spacing on my Enya Nova Tenor U the most of my instruments based on comfort alone as a factor. Either way, keep it up and much love mahalo!

I like the bevel and 1.5" nut. I will assume other sizes too ? Tenor ??
They had two tenors, both of which Andrew gave away. One for auction to Maui and one for the winner of a fingerstyle contest on the TUS Instagram page (which you should all follow!). This was very very recent actually!

There was also a baritone, but the concert and baritone got snatched up FAST. Like really fast.

Anyway, more are coming in shortly I've heard, but I've also heard a lot of people are asking about them coming in so I'm guessing you'll have to like, watch and buy quickly and get a little lucky to get one of the first few shipments even maybe. With that in mind and knowing Andrew already has good support I figured I'd go with the Pono Master Series which has all the important stuff I'm looking for, even if it doesn't have the whipped cream and cherry on top :D Even still, I'm going to post a review and some playing samples after I get my instrument and, just from listening to the high quality sound samples of this instrument, I know I'm going to be blown away. This will be my first Pono!

They had two tenors, both of which Andrew gave away. One for auction to Maui and one for the winner of a fingerstyle contest on the TUS Instagram page (which you should all follow!). This was very very recent actually!

There was also a baritone, but the concert and baritone got snatched up FAST. Like really fast.

Anyway, more are coming in shortly I've heard, but I've also heard a lot of people are asking about them coming in so I'm guessing you'll have to like, watch and buy quickly and get a little lucky to get one of the first few shipments even maybe. With that in mind and knowing Andrew already has good support I figured I'd go with the Pono Master Series which has all the important stuff I'm looking for, even if it doesn't have the whipped cream and cherry on top :D Even still, I'm going to post a review and some playing samples after I get my instrument and, just from listening to the high quality sound samples of this instrument, I know I'm going to be blown away. This will be my first Pono!
You will be thrilled with the Master Series Pono you ordered !

and the 'Oli's look interesting - I guess I will have to watch.

I bought one of the Master Series from the first or second batch and was really impressed. Will history repeat itself ?? We shall see. Thanks for educating me on the 'Oli .

Thanks for asking that question. I wondered the same thing but figured it must be something well known, and I just wasn’t in on the secret. Will they ever do a tenor?

@scrambled_eggs…when they finally make your ‘Oli, you can find me and give me a price on your new Pono. That’s the brand, size and wood combo I’d love to have but don’t yet have the talent to justify the expense.

Top Bottom