Please, somebody buy this

Looks like something happened to derail the auction on the Howlett concert . It is now available at the "winning bid" of $2,500:

Looks like something happened to derail the auction on the Howlett concert . It is now available at the "winning bid" of $2,500:

Strange. Did someone not come through with the payment?

So, I bought this. I've been wanting an MP and the price was pretty good. I figure it's GC and nobody there gets paid enough to do a good job and the listings reflect it. This had one photo and no description. But since it's GC they will take it back, right?

So I got it and it is indeed a tenor. Plays really sweet. I like it a lot. And somewhere along the line somebody yanked the guitar ears and installed UPT tuners. This is a move I understand and even support. But only if the person doing the work knows how to effectively hide the screw holes. This person did not.

I'm torn. I really dig the way this ukulele sounds. A lot. But those holes eat at the corner of my mind and it tells me to take it back. Thoughts? Advice? If I decide to take it back would anyone like to buy it instead, for what I paid and actual cost of shipping?
That wouldn't bother me personally too much. But if the price was good enough, I think this is something a luthier could hide a little better for not much money. Just color-matching the plugs would help.

Did y'all see this incredible old Kamaka soprano?
https://shopgoodwill.com/item/179911742

I saw it this morning just after it was listed and there were zero bids. I freaked out a little. I put in the first bid knowing full well that I'd get outbid, and sure enough... I wonder how much it will go for. More than I am willing to pay, I think.
It went for $601

I actually thought it would go for more than that! Thanks for the update - I had to work and wasn't able to watch it in real time at the end of the auction.

I have it watched, but having customs on the way - so not now

Not much discount, if any, but needs a rescue:

Those 1879s do fascinate me. They are very cool. But, sincere question, have they become collectors items? The Ukulele Site was selling these new for $729 and this is rated “good” for $699. Approaching K Brand pricing for a damaged Vietnamese rig. I’m not saying the pricing here is wrong or unreasonable, not at all. It’s just higher than I would have expected.

Top Bottom