Picked It Up Today

I picked up the ukulele today and it feels like I’ve found home!
I used to play mandolin and struggled a lot, but the ukulele was just exactly right for me, too!

I never tried the mandolin (although I do love how they sound!!!), but I've tried lots of other instruments over the years, and yeah, the only one to feel like home is the ukulele!

This forum's a pretty nice home! You'll dig it here!

Thanks for finding us, and thanks for taking the time to say hello!

Last edited:
Welcome, Chiffon! Glad to hear you were able to find the right instrument for you - and that it’s the ukulele. Sounds like you’re going to enjoy your musical journey, and the many things the UU Forum has to offer. :)

Welcome Chiffon! Yes, the mandolin can be challenging, and at its best begs for a certain genre of music. With the ukulele, it seems you can jump into many forms of play and types of music. The uke is a friendly instrument. ☺️

Chiffon, welcome to UU. I also tried the mandolin, it was unfriendly to my fingers. The ukulele suits me just fine, although I recently took up the violin, and I love it!
I hope you enjoy the forum, it's a great place.

Hi All,
From WA state here. I’ve been struggling for 3 months with the mandolin. I picked up the ukulele today and it feels like I’ve found home! I’ll be a sponge on this forum. So glad to be here!
Chiffon
Glad you find the ukulele a good fit.
Mandolin does take time but well worth the effo9rt if you chose to pursue it. Listen to Sierra Hull, she's a mandolin phenom.

Welcome to the forum...people here will fill your sponge with knowledge, advice, and friendliness 😊. You're gonna love the Uke!!

In the early 80s (yeah, last century!) I bought a 'bargain' Rogue mandolin. It was playable (sorta), and I was completely enthralled, but found no support at the time ...you know, electric guitars. Anyway, I still remember playing "Ghost Riders In The Sky." That never left me.

Welcome Aboard!

<edit> Among the others, 6 of my ukuleles are tuned GDAE.
You can throw away the picks and live happily in both worlds.

Last edited:
In the early 80s (yeah, last century!) I bought a 'bargain' Rogue mandolin. It was playable (sorta), and I was completely enthralled, but found no support at the time ...you know, electric guitars. Anyway, I still remember playing "Ghost Riders In The Sky." That never left me.

Welcome Aboard!

<edit> Among the others, 6 of my ukuleles are tuned GDAE.
You can throw away the picks and live happily in both worlds.
Ahhh…GRITS. I still love not only the great tune and lyrics but also the breakfast item acronym. :unsure:

Top Bottom